Radiohead did well on the weekly charts for the nation’s most popular videos. Here’s the totals as they appear in the June 5, 1999 issue of Billboard magazine.
Top Music Video Sales (Compiled from a national sample of sales reports):
1. Homecoming-Live In Orlando,” Backstreet Boys. Jive/Zomba Video.
2. Meeting People Is Easy,” Radiohead. Capitol Video.
3. So Glad,” Bill & Gloria Gaither. Spring House Video.
4. Live,” Shania Twain. PolyGram Video.
5. N The Mix With ‘N Sync,” ‘N Sync. BMG Video. (Platinum)
The London radio station 104.9 XFM has been running a “Radiohead weekend” this weekend. They have been having contests to win various Radiohead CD’s and all the winners will be entered into a contest to see Thom play his solo set at the Tibetan Freedom Concert in Amsterdam next month. For those of you outside of London, you can listen via Real Audio by going to http://XFM.co.uk/WebObjects/Capital/ListenLiveNow/RAMFiles/XFM.ram.
The Radiohead documentary “Meeting People is Easy” is available everywhere now on video and DVD.