Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mortigi Tempo Mobile

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Fly Wingless

Fly Wingless

Normal View

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,801 posts
  • LocationSatellite of Love
So when I first got my phone, I'd go to MT and it'd load in a mobile view, much like how eBay, Amazon.com, and other popular websites have a format especially for mobile browsers. Well, it was actually pretty good, but at one point, I needed to go to the full site (since the mobile site obviously doesn't include some of the features that the full site does). However, I don't see a button to change it back, and despite several restarts, it has never changed back on its own. This is unfortunate, cause the mobile view was good for casual browsing and didn't use up as much data as the full site does. Do any of you smartphone owners know what I'm talking about?

Posted Image

Fly Wingless

Fly Wingless

Normal View

• Members
  • 30,801 posts
Oh shit, I literally just figured it out. Derp. If anyone was curious, there's something at the bottom left that let's you pick.

Edit: now that I'm back in mobile view, it looks different. The thing where you change page views isn't just a link anymore, so maybe that's why I never noticed before.

Posted Image

biggie p

biggie p

uh huh huh

• Members
  • 25,411 posts
the problem with changing the thing at the bottom is that it can do it for your whole account, both mobile and when you sign on with a computer. so the best way to get back to mobile on your phone is to delete your cookies

Fly Wingless

Fly Wingless

Normal View

• Members
  • 30,801 posts
Doesn't matter too much to me since I don't have a functioning computer at my disposal.

Posted Image

Xenodude

Xenodude

Creep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY
The "Full Version" link on the mobile site doesn't seem to be working anymore. Now I'm stuck on mobile whenever I sign in, whether I'm on my desktop or mobile device. Is there like.. an administrator to contact and get this fixed?

Fly Wingless

Fly Wingless

Normal View

• Members
  • 30,801 posts
Oh dang, I was about to post about the same thing. I changed the theme to ip mobile or whatever and now anytime I click "Full Version," it just reloads as mobile. I can't read Irene's response to her profile post on mobile!

Posted Image

rose

rose

I wanna make a supersonic woman of you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,346 posts
Weird I switched to full version and then back earlier today on my iPhone and I have situation normal

i5m1_zps4ef73f6c.jpg

Fly Wingless

Fly Wingless

Normal View

• Members
  • 30,801 posts
It sucks cause even when I'm on the computer, it won't go to the desktop version. Even when I click the button to do so.

Posted Image

Xenodude

Xenodude

Creep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

It sucks cause even when I'm on the computer, it won't go to the desktop version. Even when I click the button to do so.

Same here. I used to have an iPhone and never had any problems like this. Somehow, even when signed in, the iPhone knew to stay mobile, and my PC, even when signed in, knew to stay on the Full Site. Then I switched to a Windows 8 Phone (just to change things up), and now this problem crops up. I wonder if the same thing would've happened on an Android device... Either way, since since signing in remembers your preferences, and since the "Full Version" link doesn't work, whenever I sign in, I'm stuck on the mobile site. If I sign off, I can get the full site back, but if I opt to view the mobile site while signed off, I have to delete my cookies to get it back to normal.

Sucks. I had a good thing going for so long (I view the site constantly at work on a PC, and constantly at home on my phone, but now that's all been made somewhat frustrating).

Fly Wingless

Fly Wingless

Normal View

• Members
  • 30,801 posts
I have an Android. I never had this problem before either, so it might be something to do with the website (I hope). The fact that it affects my computer browsing leads me to think that, anyway. Though, I don't know what would've happened between now and a few days ago. This is pretty bizarre.

Posted Image

rose

rose

• Members
  • 12,346 posts
And it's weird that I don't have this issue at all

i5m1_zps4ef73f6c.jpg

Fly Wingless

Fly Wingless

Normal View

• Members
  • 30,801 posts
I'm 90% sure it's cause I clicked Change Theme instead of the Mobile link. It didn't used to refuse to change back, so that's the weird thing. I would've done it the latter way, but the stupid Dolphin browser puts that stupid sonar button in the bottom left-hand corner and I haven't been able to figure out how to get it the fuck out of my way.

Posted Image

rose

rose

• Members
  • 12,346 posts
Ahhhh maybe

i5m1_zps4ef73f6c.jpg

Xenodude

Xenodude

Creep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY
Is there an actual URL for the Mobile and Full site versions, as opposed to clicking the "Change theme" option, which apparently does weird stuff to computers and phone browsers. That might help.

rose

rose

• Members
  • 12,346 posts
I have no idea what y'all mean by change theme. At the bottom of mobile site there is a "Full Version" link and at the bottom left of full site there is a "Use Mobile Version" link that work fine for me sorry if you guys don't have those

i5m1_zps4ef73f6c.jpg

Xenodude

Xenodude

Creep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY
This is the treacherous button--lower left, orangish square: http://postimage.org/image/px9frwh5n/
These are the options for clicking it: http://postimage.org/image/7plp7j6e7/
This is what the mobile version looks like, notice the lack of "Change theme button" once you get there, and the faded "Full Version" link (which is dead): http://postimage.org/image/xu7p5cwrf/

From what I've gathered, clicking "Mobile" gets you stuck in this mode on a PC/Mac, and the "Full Version" button no longer works, and there's no option to switch back because the orange "Change theme" button disappears. If you're not signed in, you can delete your cookies to get back to the full site. If you're signed in, unfortunately, the site remembers you and you're stuck forever. I'm sure it was a clever idea designed to be useful, but damn--it's one hell of an annoying feature in hindsight (given that this should be decided by the device accessing the site and NOT the user, as the user can access the site in multiple ways throughout the day).

Actually.. If the Change Theme button were present on the mobile site, this would solve most things (aside from having to flip back and forth every time I'm using either mobile or PC/Mac).

rose

rose

• Members
  • 12,346 posts
That's weird cuz your change theme button is where my use mobile version button is and the full version button always works :S

i5m1_zps4ef73f6c.jpg

><((((((((((((°>

><((((((((((((°>

hi

• Members
  • 19,678 posts
  • Locationa small circular forest
i set another account of mine to mobile and i was indeed unable to get it to go back to full version
903926b6-d5cb-4bf2-8ec5-7f553348916c.jpg

"I do not feel joy. I do not dream. I only stare at the door and smoke"

Xenodude

Xenodude

Creep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

That's weird cuz your change theme button is where my use mobile version button is and the full version button always works :S

What kind of computer and operating system are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

Fly Wingless

Fly Wingless

Normal View

• Members
  • 30,801 posts

This is the treacherous button--lower left, orangish square: http://postimage.org/image/px9frwh5n/
These are the options for clicking it: http://postimage.org/image/7plp7j6e7/
This is what the mobile version looks like, notice the lack of "Change theme button" once you get there, and the faded "Full Version" link (which is dead): http://postimage.org/image/xu7p5cwrf/

From what I've gathered, clicking "Mobile" gets you stuck in this mode on a PC/Mac, and the "Full Version" button no longer works, and there's no option to switch back because the orange "Change theme" button disappears. If you're not signed in, you can delete your cookies to get back to the full site. If you're signed in, unfortunately, the site remembers you and you're stuck forever. I'm sure it was a clever idea designed to be useful, but damn--it's one hell of an annoying feature in hindsight (given that this should be decided by the device accessing the site and NOT the user, as the user can access the site in multiple ways throughout the day).

Actually.. If the Change Theme button were present on the mobile site, this would solve most things (aside from having to flip back and forth every time I'm using either mobile or PC/Mac).

Yes, all of this. I never really understood why there was a "change theme" option AND a "use mobile version" button side by side, cause they more or less accomplish the same damn thing. Only the former apparently ruins everything. It didn't used to, though, cause I used to be able to "change the theme" without permanent consequence. This has to be a weird glitch or something. Maybe residual from when Jonathan had to fix the site after that hacker came around?

Posted Image