Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Proof that Lost Angeles=Atoms for Peace Album Artwork

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Proof that Lost Angeles=Atoms for Peace Album Artwork (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Proof?

1. Voted Proof. (14 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

2. Not Proof. (20 votes [58.82%])

Percentage of vote: 58.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

then youre wrong

then youre wrong

Worrywort

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

agree with Slowly We Unfurl... for me this is not the only proof we have for an AFP album, but it's one, and we're really close to it

you guys are wishful thinkers.

'Remember, 99% of everything anyone tells you is a lie.
Don't let the demons get you.
They got me.
'

-Chieftan Mews

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The truth will mess you up.

cats

cats

I'm not mad. Just leave me alone.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
wishful thinkers, yeah but there's some interesting elements to be based on:

• Various rumors of a new album as soon as the band formed in 2010.
  • An empty slot for physical stuff on the AFP webstore.
  • Several suspicious Stanley's statements on his blog, involving the secrecy factor, towards a possible work for AFP.
  • The Rolling Stone interview with Flea (RS statements, not Flea though).
  • The MetaCritic announcement of upcoming albums this year.

Thom/Nigel/Stanley spots in LA can be added to the list as well.

I may be missing out other things but those are all I remember at the moment.
mah babe caught me sleepin'

SHealer

SHealer

Amnesiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

• Various rumors of a new album as soon as the band formed in 2010.
  • An empty slot for physical stuff on the AFP webstore.
  • Several suspicious Stanley's statements on his blog, involving the secrecy factor, towards a possible work for AFP.
  • The Rolling Stone interview with Flea (RS statements, not Flea though).
  • The MetaCritic announcement of upcoming albums this year.

• By that logic, the people who said a new album was coming after the release of TKOL are correct. Saying something in the hopes that years in the future it will be true isn't exactly helpful.
  • The normal WASTE store's template copied without the menu categories being changed because they didn't need to put a lot of time into it.
  • Because normally Stanley is completely unambiguous ;)
  • An interviewer getting over-enthusiastic when Flea mentioned a new album which couldn't possibly refer to the RHCP album about to be released.
  • Are we all looking forward to the Wall Of Ice album that was announced on Wikipedia a couple weeks back?

Like I said, this is wishful thinking and circumstantial evidence on the level of TKOL2 speculation.
Peep. "Yes?" "Mmmmorrre coookiesss......."

sacos

sacos

twitching and salivating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
i don´t know if any of this ammounts to a new afp release. if it does i would be very very very happy. especially with flea. he is an amazing musician. i saw the chili peppers back in 2003 in madison, and they did an amazing show, with an excelent jam-encore after a ramones cover...flea had so much energy. great musician. i stopped paying attention to the chili peppers after that. didn´t really listen to stadium arcadium. four words...blood, sugar, sex, magik. get that kind of energy going from flea. i saw some videos from the tour...it looked awesome. wish i could have seen them live. but for afp to come to latin america would be asking a lot...they should though, if they release an album...

sorry...ramble...bored...

in other news. i am listening to their mexico city set-list remembering the first time i saw them...it is refreshing after listening to the king of limbs for most of the summer....god i love radiohead...and that is the point...more music from any of the guys is just great....

:ph34r:

Dragonborn

Dragonborn

I kill dragons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

most importantly, stanley has never debuted artwork that is destined to feature heavily on an unreleased album in any exhibition or for sale before release - he keeps it secret.

Divided Woods
We're all gonna be just dirt in the ground

Hail To The King Of Limbs

Open Your Mouths Wide In The Cold

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

• Are we all looking forward to the Wall Of Ice album that was announced on Wikipedia a couple weeks back?
Like I said, this is wishful thinking and circumstantial evidence on the level of TKOL2 speculation.

lol that was me...
Posted Image

cats

cats

I'm not mad. Just leave me alone.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Here comes a new battle challenger.

• By that logic, the people who said a new album was coming after the release of TKOL are correct. Saying something in the hopes that years in the future it will be true isn't exactly helpful.
  • The normal WASTE store's template copied without the menu categories being changed because they didn't need to put a lot of time into it.
  • Because normally Stanley is completely unambiguous ;)
  • An interviewer getting over-enthusiastic when Flea mentioned a new album which couldn't possibly refer to the RHCP album about to be released.

• Of course rumors are not facts and people always like to over speculate, and possibilities of actual material worked in the studio always ranged from 'non-existent' to 'evidently something's up'. When the record comes out eventually, these rumors will turn out to be 'facts' by default, so they really don't matter. A weak point there from my part, I think, but still.
  • Yeah, but the site has been online for rather a year and it hasn't been removed from there anyway. Bad website maintenance could be to blame, which is driving people to misleading conclusions. We can give it the benefit of doubt, don't you think? ;)
  • Unambiguous? Yes, I think so. He says: "There is a secret" and you can help the feeling it's related to Radiohead (or AFP in this case). This happens because in the past Stanley has admitted secrets that have been put out, and they were linked to TKOL.
  • Sounds plausible but it's highly unlikely since the paragraph talks very specifically about AFP, not RHCP.
  • Wikipedia doesn't announce things (it's an encyclopedia). MetaCritic does. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone (i.e. any troll), despite administrators, rules and regulations there. MetaCritic is a reliable site, mantained by serious people and supported by a corporation dedicated to entertainment.

Nope. Sorry to disagree but there's no comparison to TKOL 2 speculation. ;)
mah babe caught me sleepin'

SHealer

SHealer

Amnesiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Here comes a new battle challenger.

• Of course rumors are not facts and people always like to over speculate, and possibilities of actual material worked in the studio always ranged from 'non-existent' to 'evidently something's up'. When the record comes out eventually, these rumors will turn out to be 'facts' by default, so they really don't matter. A weak point there from my part, I think, but still.
  • Yeah, but the site has been online for rather a year and it hasn't been removed from there anyway. Bad website maintenance could be to blame, which is driving people to misleading conclusions. We can give it the benefit of doubt, don't you think? ;)
  • Unambiguous? Yes, I think so. He says: "There is a secret" and you can help the feeling it's related to Radiohead (or AFP in this case). This happens because in the past Stanley has admitted secrets that have been put out, and they were linked to TKOL.
  • Sounds plausible but it's highly unlikely since the paragraph talks very specifically about AFP, not RHCP.
  • Wikipedia doesn't announce things (it's an encyclopedia). MetaCritic does. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone (i.e. any troll), despite administrators, rules and regulations there. MetaCritic is a reliable site, mantained by serious people and supported by a corporation dedicated to entertainment.

Nope. Sorry to disagree but there's no comparison to TKOL 2 speculation. ;)

The site: But of course, if Thom considered AFP to be finished, there'd be no point in maintaining the site, but simply to leave up the store as it was to get rid of the remaining merch - you could even take it to mean the opposite of the current speculation ;)

The interview: the quote is "In 2010, he played bass in Radiohead singer Thom Yorke’s offshoot band Atoms for Peace, doing shows and playing on a forthcoming studio album.". What if this is simply a misunderstanding on the part of the interviewer? What if it's meant to be "he played bass [...] band Atoms For Peace, doing show. Also in 2010, he was playing on a forthcoming studio album for RHCP." The raw question to Flea could easily have been "What have you been doing in 2010?".

Metacritic: Where do they get their information from? There are some badns on there who are supposedly down for an album this year who have made it fairly well known that they're currently not working. No sources + no explanation for the assumptions they're making isn't much good. For all we know, they could be basing it off this speculation :lol:

And hey, if we agree, we wouldn't be able to look at the evidence in this much detail :)
Peep. "Yes?" "Mmmmorrre coookiesss......."

seabutter

seabutter

mortigi jesus

• Members
  • 2,686 posts
i would be surprised if afp released an album anytime soon. wouldnt they need to be together for quite some time to actually record it? thom has been busy with radiohead and flea with rhcp. the only time they could have recorded it was before or during their tour, i think. but they only played judge, jury, executioner. would think they had played more songs if they had more back then. the sets were quite short and for their (only?) extra encore they played stuff like follow me around and love will tear us apart, ie they ran out of material.
i can see a thom solo album coming out of nowhere like the eraser did but not really an afp. but who knows, anything would be cool. would rather a radiohead album of course, but an afp would probably be really good.

box

box

Its Ovah. Its Ovah.

• Members
  • 23,772 posts
What's with the Disneyland castle? Thoms raging against Disneyland now? What a dick

j6w3.jpg

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

What's with the Disneyland castle? Thoms raging against Disneyland now? What a dick

:o No way! If he does that I'm not a fan anymore :angry:
Posted Image

StopSendingLetters

StopSendingLetters

Identikit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Maybe we read the article wrong and the fourthcoming album is a Radiohead thing and Flea was just featured on a song or two on it....total shot in the dark but there's a chance I suppose. Since they have been experimenting more with layers of instruments he definitely could have been brought in as an extra bass or even trumpet.

Posted Image

laughing lion

laughing lion

with my mothafuckin paws

• Members
  • 4,728 posts
afp album hitting this fall wouldnt exactly come out of left field for me, remember that just because there isnt as much media circling this DEBUT album as much as it would a rh album doesnt exactly mean anything

thoms got a stack of material just sitting around ready to be thrown into the studio

afp will be just a continuation of his solo work, pretty sure hes got more than the eraser in him and thats exactly what this material will sound like i think if its ever released

the eraser

laughing lion

laughing lion

with my mothafuckin paws

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Maybe we read the article wrong

yeah were illiterate

maybe they were talking about pulled apart by horses, although that wasnt an album was it

you can dissect this a few different ways

sdaltons

sdaltons

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

yeah were illiterate

maybe they were talking about pulled apart by horses, although that wasnt an album was it

you can dissect this a few different ways

Fpabh was released two years ago. I don't see how that's what they could be talking about

chroma

chroma

rabid cultist

• Super Moderators
  • 33,133 posts
fpabh? ppffaabht!

sigline6.jpg

six colored pictures all in a row of a marigold

StopSendingLetters

StopSendingLetters

Identikit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
[quote name='laughing lion' timestamp='1314506714' post='4073080']
yeah were illiterate

*we're illiterate

Yeah, cause that's what I meant by that statement...everyone here is illiterate.

Posted Image

chroma

chroma

rabid cultist

• Super Moderators
  • 33,133 posts

Yeah, cause that's what I meant by that statement...everyone here is illiterate.

hey, jonny and the kitten must be listening to the same thing.

sigline6.jpg

six colored pictures all in a row of a marigold

StopSendingLetters

StopSendingLetters

Identikit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

hey, jonny and the kitten must be listening to the same thing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
I come in here looking for some interesting replies since it was so dead yesterday and this is what I get -_-
Posted Image