Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Thom Yorke - Twist

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

Poll: New Thom Yorke - Twist (43 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of Twist?

1. Good (11 votes [25.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.58%

2. Voted Bad (19 votes [44.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.19%

3. In Between (9 votes [20.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.93%

4. Ambivalence (4 votes [9.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

thom

thom

The Tourist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
did ya know thom started as a Dj?

Pan Sroka

Pan Sroka

Tone-deaf Ignoramus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

did ya know thom started as a Dj?

Why are you referring to yourself in third person, Thom?
Logorrhea
Don't expect any quality level 'cause there is none.

Death_Bear

Death_Bear

Vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
Twistwistwistwistwisttwisttwist KEH KEH KEH KEH KEH

I'm kinda digging it at this point.

in a chopper

in a chopper

feral

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
in general – I don't like The Twist, especially its second half, which is such a blatant typical techno, very unoriginal, lacking any individuality (I can't believe I'm saying that about sth that Thom has done :rolleyes: ). the first half is much better and develops nicely, but well, everything gets ruined when the second part comes in.

that being said – I agree with those who say it's just a dj track, a background track that has its special context of the fashion show so it probably shouldn't be scrutinise that much and treated as a 'new Thom solo piece'. I myself should probably refrain from my criticism in the first place : ) especially that I hate fashion shows which means this whole project is definitely not my piece of cake.
summing up – as it was said: its serves its purpose but I'm forgetting it the very second the track finishes.

Electric Candyman

Electric Candyman

Worrywort

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

in general – I don't like The Twist, especially its second half, which is such a blatant typical techno, very unoriginal, lacking any individuality (I can't believe I'm saying that about sth that Thom has done :rolleyes: ). the first half is much better and develops nicely, but well, everything gets ruined when the second part comes in.

that being said – I agree with those who say it's just a dj track, a background track that has its special context of the fashion show so it probably shouldn't be scrutinise that much and treated as a 'new Thom solo piece'. I myself should probably refrain from my criticism in the first place : ) especially that I hate fashion shows which means this whole project is definitely not my piece of cake.
summing up – as it was said: its serves its purpose but I'm forgetting it the very second the track finishes.

THE SECOND HALF ISN'T TWIST!
it's some remix of Modeselektors Art&Cash, look at the tracklist, thom just mixed them together

in a chopper

in a chopper

feral

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

it's some remix of Modeselektors Art&Cash, look at the tracklist, thom just mixed them together

whaa... uh... dang, these youtube videos are so confusing... thanks for pointing that.

ha ha, such a sudden... twist of things: it means I might actually like Twist a lot. we can't listen to it in full yet, can we?
edit: nvm, found it. ya, it's a cool, little piece of electronica I think.

Jesso187

Jesso187

The Tourist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
twist twist twist twist ................. ke ke ke ke ke ke ................. Now clear!
http://www.colingree...ter-webcast.jpg :lol:

Uandwhosearmy

Uandwhosearmy

do what you want

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
It's like Feral's even more annoying little brother. Hate it. Thom seems to have realized we will buy anything he puts out and plans to exploit this.
Posted Image

.......did anybody just see that?

SHealer

SHealer

Amnesiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Thom seems to have realized we will buy anything he puts out and plans to exploit this.

Gosh, how dare he put it in a DJ mix he did for us to listen to for free, with no announcement of it being released. Damn his exploiting us.
Peep. "Yes?" "Mmmmorrre coookiesss......."

in a chopper

in a chopper

feral

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

It's like Feral's even more annoying little brother. Hate it. Thom seems to have realized we will buy anything he puts out and plans to exploit this.

saying you simply don't like it isn't enough these days. why did you just HAVE to add this cynical, unfounded 'exploitation' nonsense suggesting Thom is a coldly calculating person who does not respect their fans is beyond me.

Electric Candyman

Electric Candyman

Worrywort

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

It's like Feral's even more annoying little brother.

how dare you call Feral annoying

look at Ed's face at 2:28, THEN call Feral annoying

Pan Sroka

Pan Sroka

Tone-deaf Ignoramus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Thom seems to have realized we will buy anything he puts out and plans to exploit this.

Well, he hasn't made it available for sale so I can't see any exploitation there. And I really profoundly hope he won't, this piece is terrible and only its context and utilitarian nature justifies it, so I'm not worrying yet.

But actually the issue itself is quite interesting. Hypothetically speaking, would we really be ready to buy anything, even the utmost crap, because it was made by Thom? Because I wouldn't. But anything that is labelled as Radiohead? Presumably yes.
Logorrhea
Don't expect any quality level 'cause there is none.

in a chopper

in a chopper

feral

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Hypothetically speaking, would we really be ready to buy anything, even the utmost crap, because it was made by Thom?

no, definitely not. at first I thought the (in)famous 'second part' belonged to Twist and genuinely disliked it and thought it wasn't good. I wouldn't pay a penny for it in that shape.

But anything that is labelled as Radiohead? Presumably yes.

frankly, it's hard to imagine Radiohead recording now an utter crap : )
but, hypothetically, if they did, I don't think I would be tempted to buy it only because it's RH.

Ed O'Beard

Ed O'Beard

Vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

correction. . . .i do not like twist at all

Posted Image

sacos

sacos

twitching and salivating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
the mix as a whole is rather enjoyable to listen to.

i think this idea of it being a dj track, a transitional tool, a filler or whatever is not a bad idea. if twist would have been king of limbs, then i might have been pretty upset.

i think that the mix might have been intented to be kind of like a promotional deal for the remixes. and it is pretty cool. i am gonna mentally group this mix/broadcast with promo for the king of limbs(and the remixes)...wich basically has just been the universal sigh deal and this and some random words from a few band mebers...