Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TWO NYC SHOWS ANNOUNCED!

• Please log in to reply
498 replies to this topic

emm

emm

Paperbag Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts
worry not. atease has a taper lined up for both shows. the guy who recorded the haiti gig.

allsmiles

allsmiles

Talk Show Host

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Locationnew york

worry not. atease has a taper lined up for both shows. the guy who recorded the haiti gig.

thank you "emm" that's exactly what i was looking for.

Samurai Lincoln

Samurai Lincoln

I'm My Favorite General

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationUSA
I got a text from my friend about these shows and dropped my phone in class. I need to get a hold of one of these tickets. I saw Thom at Roseland with Atoms for Peace, and this would just be too much.

Good luck to all of you trying to get tickets! Hopefully I'll see you there.
Posted Image

aSpinningPlate

aSpinningPlate

Foxymophandlemama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Is there a W.A.S.T.E presale for these shows? Tour dates page seems to say so now at the "Tickets" part but it's not mentioned anywhere in the blurb below...pretty vague as always.

Posted Image
300 pixels max sig length

tigermilk

tigermilk

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Is there a W.A.S.T.E presale for these shows? Tour dates page seems to say so now at the "Tickets" part but it's not mentioned anywhere in the blurb below...pretty vague as always.

Posted Image

It would seem unlikely a W.A.S.T.E. sale is happening. The shows seem to have been quickly arranged, therefore pretty difficult to deal with server, orders and payment processing and then getting all the info correlated back to the venue. Ticketmaster, for all their evils are pretty much proven to be able to cope with this.

Ed O'Beard

Ed O'Beard

Vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
what time at WASTE would it be????? that's way too vague. most of use have jobs and cannot sit idle at a computer all day!

Posted Image

aSpinningPlate

aSpinningPlate

Foxymophandlemama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

It would seem unlikely a W.A.S.T.E. sale is happening. The shows seem to have been quickly arranged, therefore pretty difficult to deal with server, orders and payment processing and then getting all the info correlated back to the venue. Ticketmaster, for all their evils are pretty much proven to be able to cope with this.

I tend to agree with you, just curious to see them mention W.A.S.T.E tickets on their own site

what time at WASTE would it be????? that's way too vague. most of use have jobs and cannot sit idle at a computer all day!

For WASTE presales they usually don't give a time, last tour it was around 9-10 am EDT if I remember correctly...was a longgg night!

adrivit

adrivit

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Flying in from North Carolina for the show! First time seeing them live -- so excited!!!

For any of the previous show-goers, do you guys think going to first show is better or the second show (in terms of the band getting tired on the second night or not, etc).

Lastly, here's a sketchy one. My flight back to NC doesn't leave till like afternoon the next day - anyone have any ideas on where to spend the night in NYC at the minimum cost possible? I really don't want to check in a hotel in Manhattan.

Hail To The King Of Limbs

Open Your Mouths Wide In The Cold

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Flying in from North Carolina for the show! First time seeing them live -- so excited!!!

For any of the previous show-goers, do you guys think going to first show is better or the second show (in terms of the band getting tired on the second night or not, etc).

Lastly, here's a sketchy one. My flight back to NC doesn't leave till like afternoon the next day - anyone have any ideas on where to spend the night in NYC at the minimum cost possible? I really don't want to check in a hotel in Manhattan.

If you can choose, definitely go for the first one, it's always the most special. But if you can't choose, the performances would be great for both!
Posted Image

Ed O'Beard

Ed O'Beard

Vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
check The Pod . . . . supposed to be a nice cheap hotel. all decked out with ikea furniture

Posted Image

RunningTerrapin

RunningTerrapin

The Tourist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
Widget Hostel. Great cheap safe little hostel on the upper west side. Trust.
300 pixels max sig height
Sock it to meh

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
Anyone knows which time zone at 10:00am the tickets go on sale?
Posted Image

aSpinningPlate

aSpinningPlate

Foxymophandlemama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Anyone knows which time zone at 10:00am the tickets go on sale?

Pretty sure it said 10am NY time (EDT).

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Pretty sure it said 10am NY time (EDT).

Ok great, thanks!
Posted Image

Michael Douglas

Michael Douglas

just a drummer

• Members
  • 6,766 posts
be on the look out for a pre sale today guys

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

be on the look out for a pre sale today guys

All you gotta do is sign up to W.A.S.T.E to get tickets early? Or is it more than just that?
Posted Image

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
I predict Radiohead will do an R.E.M. cover at one of these shows!
Posted Image

Randallhimself

Randallhimself

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

All you gotta do is sign up to W.A.S.T.E to get tickets early? Or is it more than just that?

Nope, you gotta go on W.A.S.T.E. and they randomly release them. Its worth it though!

For In Rainbows tour I was lucky to get presale tix and got PIT SEATSSS at a 18000+ venue.

Good Luck!

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Nope, you gotta go on W.A.S.T.E. and they randomly release them. Its worth it though!

For In Rainbows tour I was lucky to get presale tix and got PIT SEATSSS at a 18000+ venue.

Good Luck!

Oh ok thanks!

Does something come up on the TOUR/events page at W.A.S.T.E?
Posted Image

Lametoe

Lametoe

sucha CHILL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Locationupstate NY
Novice question: Whether at waste or ticketmaster, would trying to buy tickets for both gigs at the same time lessen the chances that I am actually able to score any at all? I'm not used to buying tickets like this and I had the crazy idea that maybe if I try to put 4 tickets in my "cart" at once, that I might not be able to get any in the end, like it would be better to just go for one show...
Joey: It's a moo point
Rachel: You mean a moot point
Joey: No no, a moo point- like a cow's opinion, it doesn't matter. It's moo.