Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Spectacular live recordings

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

CloudCuckooMan

CloudCuckooMan

ass full of feathers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN
I just found this user on youtube who posted some live recordings that sound like they are straight from the soundboard, including this amazing version of Kid A:

Kid A live

And a bunch of other songs. Does anyone know where these recordings come from or where I can get them? I know theres a way to get mp3's straight from youtube but I don't know how much that effects the quality. I'd love to have these tracks on my ipod.

Orbiting Children

Orbiting Children

10 mile stereo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationMéxico.
wow!
this sounds amazing!!!!
:D thanks!!!

I'd like to have a mp3 of it too

nordheim

nordheim

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Locationatx/lax/lon/dtw
that show is great! up until megaupload fell, you could find the whole thing in a zip. sounds amazing. try tracking it down. im sure someone around here can assist quickly.

thedevilsway

thedevilsway

pablothewizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationEngland

I just found this user on youtube who posted some live recordings that sound like they are straight from the soundboard, including this amazing version of Kid A:

Kid A live

And a bunch of other songs. Does anyone know where these recordings come from or where I can get them? I know theres a way to get mp3's straight from youtube but I don't know how much that effects the quality. I'd love to have these tracks on my ipod.

This is a very widely available recording - its a superb concert full-stop. I have it in a number of formats but to be honest the best for iPod is in plain old 160kbs. You don't gain anything with the "better" bitrate recordings because obviously its only ever going to be as good as the original source recording - all you end up doing is using much more memory with no increase in sound quality whatsoever. I can send you any of the tracks from this gig (and hundreds of others too) no problem if you let me know your home e-mail address...

(GiveUpTheGhost)

(GiveUpTheGhost)

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationNJ

Kid A live

That harmonica at the end was a nice touch. But my favorite version of Kid A, and possibly my favorite live Radiohead recording, is this one:

ninja dragon

ninja dragon

claws of steel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts
hey!

I got that show :icon_cool
Posted Image

ro32xx

ro32xx

Worrywort

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationEngland
I do love the track Kid A, but the live versions always seemed a bit more happy/upbeat than the darker/sinister album version.
And his voice seems much higher than his distorted album voice.
Perhaps after early first rehearsals, they were concerned it could leave the crowd a little flat??? So they made some alterations.
It's a great audience participation live track though, as it is.

▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
radiohead.atwebpages.com

▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬

GoldRush

GoldRush

Kid A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Locationusa

Kid A live

Thank ya, Jack!
Posted Image

crazyaga

crazyaga

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
woah. thats awesome
TKOL is underrated.

(GiveUpTheGhost)

(GiveUpTheGhost)

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationNJ

I do love the track Kid A, but the live versions always seemed a bit more happy/upbeat than the darker/sinister album version.
And his voice seems much higher than his distorted album voice.
Perhaps after early first rehearsals, they were concerned it could leave the crowd a little flat??? So they made some alterations.
It's a great audience participation live track though, as it is.

Kid A the track is a very ambient piece of music, so whether it's a happy or sinister tune is extremely subjective. I always found it neutral, upbeat, whimsical, like being taken aboard a space-ship and seeing the world differently.

The live versions (or particularly the one I posted) always seemed darker to me. Yorke's vocals have a detached and brooding irony.

Orbiting Children

Orbiting Children

10 mile stereo

• Members
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationMéxico.

That harmonica at the end was a nice touch. But my favorite version of Kid A, and possibly my favorite live Radiohead recording, is this one:

Niiiiceeee :D

CloudCuckooMan

CloudCuckooMan

ass full of feathers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

This is a very widely available recording - its a superb concert full-stop. I have it in a number of formats but to be honest the best for iPod is in plain old 160kbs. You don't gain anything with the "better" bitrate recordings because obviously its only ever going to be as good as the original source recording - all you end up doing is using much more memory with no increase in sound quality whatsoever. I can send you any of the tracks from this gig (and hundreds of others too) no problem if you let me know your home e-mail address...

oh wow thanks. yeah i'd love to have any live tracks that are soundboard quality like that. I think all I have as far as good quality live shows are prague, tokyo 04, and everything included in that towering above the rest collection. I'd absolutely love to have that version of Kid A that I posted as well as the version of DITNU that same user has posted on youtube. If you have the time to send em to kthomas9685@msn.com I would greatly appreciate it!

mugsy

mugsy

The Concept - TFC

• Members
  • 1,794 posts
Is it the berlin 2001 show? great show!!! mixed by the band or nigel or something, i heard, probably wasn't

i'll shut up now.
Posted ImagePosted Image

ro32xx

ro32xx

Worrywort

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationEngland
I recon last nights Kid A performance was the most album like version they've ever done.
Including voice distortion :)

▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
radiohead.atwebpages.com

▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬

ro32xx

ro32xx

Worrywort

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationEngland

▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
radiohead.atwebpages.com

▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬

TheDrunkMachine

TheDrunkMachine

Talk Show Host

• Members
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationWashington (The State)
So....can anyone find the download for this...?

codexedoc

codexedoc

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationMontreal
I've got the whole Berlin show if anyone wants it, I'll send them my mp3s. It was an incredible concert. They played 11 tracks from their two forthcoming albums, Kid A and Amnesiac. Plus Bishop's Robes and Talk Show Host. But Kid A is the real treasure here with Thoms warm vocals and Jonnys harmonica solo. But it's also wonderful to hear no one applaud at the beginning of 'Everything In Its Right Place' because it puts you in the position of imagining hearing it for the first time. This Berlin crowd was so into it. They adored all the new songs. Thom also sings the chorus from Nude, it's just a 52 second track. \\

It feels so different to any other RH concert I've ever heard. Message me if you want it.

smwatson

smwatson

duke of llama.

• Members
  • 14,894 posts
  • LocationLondon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK7owE_KlYU

really fucks me off when people get the clapping wrong

its the most important bit of the whole song
Posted Image

ほたる

ほたる

bb

• Members
  • 7,881 posts
woah dang theyre doin kid a this tour, best song hope i hear it
ugh how can people jus chat instead of listening to concert! u payed 50-100 bucks to ruin it for somebody else
used to watch that KID A KID A KID A video a lot hehh, my fav version

Posted Image
Posted Image

codexedoc

codexedoc

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationMontreal
Due to popular request I decided to post this link for everyone.
http://www.mediafire...wqq2teefc42y2gk

This is Radiohead live in Berlin July 4th 2000. 3 months before Kid A was released.

Great quality soundboard recording. mp3s. 159MB.

Setlist:
01. Optimistic
02. Morning Bell
03. Karma Police
04. The National Anthem
05. In Limbo
06. No Surprises
07. My Iron Lung
08. Dollars and Cents
09. Bishop's Robes
10. Talk Show Host
11. Kid A
12. You and Whose Army
13. Airbag
14. Lucky
15. How to Disappear Completely
16. Paranoid Android
17. Everything in its Right Place

ENCORE
18. Egyptian Song
19. Exit Music
20. Knives Out
21. Big Ideas (aborted due to tech problems)
22. Nice Dream