Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TORONTO - Downsview Park

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,488 posts
  • LocationTennessee
wow, this is awful, so sorry for the family of the person that was killed.

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

Over It

Over It

Thank you Radiohead!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GAUSA
devastating. i can't get enough information quick enough. thoughts and prayers go out to all involved. thoughts for Radiohead, that i'm sure are just as devastaged and distrought as everyone is. thoughts and prayers are with all members of Radiohead and their crew.
March 1, 2012

The Trickster

The Trickster

You Are Here

• Members
  • 13,684 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH
Wow awful news. Thoughts are definitely with those involved and affected by this tragedy.

Guero

Guero

Citizen Insane

• Members
  • 1,500 posts
  • LocationEngland
Fuck, condolences to the guys family/friends
Hope the other injured guys are okay too.

Looking at this, that lighting rig looks pretty fucked.
http://twitter.com/s...0265985/photo/1

Bands instruments were also on stage before it fell down
http://instagr.am/p/L8nDHiyCZu/

I reckon the upcoming tour dates are gonna be cancelled. It'll take em a while to get everything set up again, I doubt they have any spare stage set ups hanging around.

hitthebottomandescape

hitthebottomandescape

Vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
Wow absolutely crazy....all I can say is I am very, very, very happy that I saw them in Montreal last night. I got back to Toronto as quick as I could and got number 86 of however many people to get in, something like 40,000+ (they were using a number system). Waited for hours outside, and we heard a loud bang but had no idea that it was the stage, then about 30min later we found out it was the stage, and another 15min later there were rumors that the show was cancelled. People were literally crying when they confirmed there would be no show.

And then of course everyone on here already knows the rest, 1 dead, 1 critical, some others injured. No news of who was on the stage, but like Jordasm said, all the equipment and rigs were set up, so who knows what this means for the upcoming dates...
Just to see what if...

codexedoc

codexedoc

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationMontreal
Just terrible. In every way. Tragic death. Disappointed fans.

Does anyone know for sure if their instruments were destroyed? I can see photos of their whole setup ready for soundcheck, and then the stage after the heavy collapse. I assume that means they lost alot of their instruments. Poor Jonny and Ed and the drummers. Thank God Thom and the boys weren't on stage at the time. We almost lost them. And logistics make rescheduling another Toronto date seem implausible in 2012.

Just awful. :(

Master Shortpants

Master Shortpants

cooking relish in an oven

• Members
  • 3,604 posts
  • Locationplacing mustard in the freezer
Maybe I'm just trying to make something positive out of this horrible situation, but
There's no way the eventual rescheduled concert will be anything short of special.

:10: http://greenplastic....-30772.jpg?_r=0 :10:

:ed:

box

box

Its Ovah. Its Ovah.

• Members
  • 23,186 posts
  • LocationSex in the Halls, Niagara Falls
People are speculating it won't be rescheduled, which would frankly be lame as fuck, no disrespect to the loss intended

j6w3.jpg

Master Shortpants

Master Shortpants

cooking relish in an oven

• Members
  • 3,604 posts
  • Locationplacing mustard in the freezer
Wow that would suck. At the risk of coming off as a heartless douche, this would've been my first time seeing them and the thought of waiting another 4 years to see my favorite band is quite the massive bummer :(

:10: http://greenplastic....-30772.jpg?_r=0 :10:

:ed:

skatterbrain'd

skatterbrain'd

Weird creature

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,384 posts
They will just like they have before
My prayer to you is that you do all the things you set out to do, and live your life the way you love...

some things will never wash away

Dreamer

Dreamer

Kid A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, New York
Truly sick to my stomach right now. I'm in central NY. I would've loved to have seen them tonight I didn't have tickets, but close.
Didn't hear of this until about an hour or more ago on At Ease twitter live fed.
I so very sorry for all involved. I'm so sorry of the loss of this person's life and any whom were injured. I would suspect the lighting/rigging is what
brought this down. Probably an older stage roof that couldn't bare the weight all the rigging.
I would imagine the band is in shock right now. I'm sure they are super sad, but also freaked out of how fucking close this was! They sure as
hell could've been up there for a sound check or worse, during the show. Thom and company's minds must be racing along with their hearts.
Peace to all.

box

box

Its Ovah. Its Ovah.

• Members
  • 23,186 posts
  • LocationSex in the Halls, Niagara Falls
I'm the last one to do the "Thank god nobody else was killed" but thank god this didn't happen 40 minutes later

j6w3.jpg

Dreamer

Dreamer

Kid A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, New York

I'm the last one to do the "Thank god nobody else was killed" but thank god this didn't happen 40 minutes later

Yes.

rummy

rummy

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
They rescheduled back in 2003 - although that was due to a blackout.

mugsy

mugsy

The Concept - TFC

• Members
  • 1,846 posts

They rescheduled back in 2003 - although that was due to a blackout.

This is a bit different. The band will need some time to recover, they may have been near the stage getting ready to go on, also their gear was on the stage at the time, drums, pianos, possibly guitars.
1502107.gif

pattersonk092

pattersonk092

pattersonk092

• Members
  • 1,814 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire/New York
just got home from work expecting to hear about a great show, this is horrible news. My thoughts go out to all who were affected by what happened, the deceased and family of, the injured, the fans and the bands and crew.

Side note : im also concerned to hear about what equipment survived, or didn't survive, the wreck. cuz yea, this is a very emotional thing for the band to deal with. all those ''what ifs'' are kind of scary.

total waste of time... :smoke_coo 

we all die anyways...why not just enjoy the way out

kinbote

kinbote

Creep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
So sad. Deepest condolences to all affected.

Girl In Rainbows

Girl In Rainbows

climbing up jonny's wall

• Members
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationJonny's Bedroom
this is absolutely horrible. how unexpected and must be absolutely devasting for their family. R.I.P.

Girl In Rainbows

Girl In Rainbows

climbing up jonny's wall

• Members
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationJonny's Bedroom
Radiohead must be devasted from this experience too. this is just terrible, can't believe this happened.

babydoctor

babydoctor

dragon wizard dracogenius

• Members
  • 15,658 posts
i don't suppose anyone managed to make off with the setlist during all this?