Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

how's the sound been?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Bit Player

Bit Player

I

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
I've only ever seen radiohead outside
and most stadium shows I've been to have had miserable sound
so how's it been sounding this tour?
Posted Image

gentil géant

gentil géant

pas un meurtre en passant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,798 posts
saw them in the sprint center in kansas city and it was pretty much perfect

lotus flower and feral were intense

Posted Image

danseurs témoins, dans la vie, il faut d'abord durer

Amnesiac-Reckoner

Amnesiac-Reckoner

The Tourist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
This is a good question and it deserves more replies.

party woo

party woo

Gagging Order!

• Members
  • 2,170 posts
I thought it was great and maybe the best sound I ever heard in an arena, but that might also be because the tbtf had a nice new remodel. I thought I read somewhere that they wanted to play indoor venues this time around so they planned for this. The stage has ginormous lights and screens so you will get a good show even if you are in the back. I saw them at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, which is one of the best arenas in the country imo. We have freakin Tesla coils that make lightening.

pennyroyalty

pennyroyalty

crazy like God

• Super Moderators
  • 38,076 posts
Like a fart from a baby's bum. Exquisite

bitumen

bitumen

butcher

• Members
  • 4,569 posts
  • Locationpacific coast

Like a fart from a baby's bum. Exquisite

such a romantic

all is not as it seems
this is as it should be

little by littleplease

madmartigan

madmartigan

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
i was very surprised at how good the sound was. i was 5 or 6 rows back in the pit at the dallas show and the music/lyrics were clear as day. i have seen various arena shows before and to me, the only way to clearly hear is to plug my ears. but even being so close, i was able to make out thom's random banter between songs. they must have really spent some time with the acoustics of these arenas or something because this is one of the best "sounding" shows i have been to.

babydoctor

babydoctor

dragon wizard dracogenius

• Members
  • 15,426 posts
best sound by a band in a big venue ive seen (which admittedly isn't a lot.) my ears aren't ringing at all for once and i could hear everything - especially the drums and bass. drums and bass are so high in the mix right now.

also i had nosebleeds but this light show makes that mostly a non-issue.

party woo

party woo

Gagging Order!

• Members
  • 2,170 posts
Good point about the volume. It was, surprisingly, just right. Loud enough to fill the arena, but not loud enough to make your ears ring after.

biggie p

biggie p

uh huh huh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,427 posts
most arena shows i've been to sound awful, nothing in comparison to an outdoor venue, so i was surprised they wanted to do indoor shows. but it must be that if you have actually talented sound people they can make it sound good

nordheim

nordheim

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Locationatx/lax/lon/dtw
austins sound was perfect from where i was, which was literally last row, off on eds side midway to the middle. it was like a loud hi-fi system. i bring ear plugs to every show i go to, but didnt need them here. never uncomfortable, never too quiet. perfect dynamics and no part was too quiet. honestly, it was the most intense aural experience of my life so far. inside is so much more controlled and specific a sound. im glad they chose this type of tour.

tristan

tristan

Paperbag Writer

• Members
  • 2,950 posts
  • LocationBath / London
i was right at the front at victoria park a few years ago and it was waayyy to quiet. indoor shows are better for sound.

I Made An Album

pleasee listen!

Soundcloudlastfmfm.

babydoctor

babydoctor

dragon wizard dracogenius

• Members
  • 15,426 posts
when i saw them at greek theatre the sound was pretty damn good - i think being tucked into a hill with all those trees and shit around makes for good acoustics somehow. but not quite this good. my only complaint would be that sometimes the guitars melted into the background a little too much. i guess something has to give when you're playing rock music to thousands of people at once.

PhillyFan

PhillyFan

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I was concerned about this as well, but I thought it was great at Philips in Atlanta. First song has been "Bloom" at all shows, and it sounds so full, so great, that it made me not concerned about the sound anymore.

I agree w/ others that the sound was loud enough to fill the space but not loud enough to make my ears ring afterward.

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

stay down champion stay down

• Members
  • 10,963 posts
  • LocationTennessee

I was concerned about this as well, but I thought it was great at Philips in Atlanta. First song has been "Bloom" at all shows, and it sounds so full, so great, that it made me not concerned about the sound anymore.

I agree w/ others that the sound was loud enough to fill the space but not loud enough to make my ears ring afterward.

yeah Philips was great, were you on the floor? I wondered how it was for the people that had seats, esp the ones in the nosebleeds.

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

PhillyFan

PhillyFan

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

yeah Philips was great, were you on the floor? I wondered how it was for the people that had seats, esp the ones in the nosebleeds.

Yes, I was on the floor. About 2/3 of the way back.

musicasinasco

musicasinasco

The Tourist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
No complains about American Airlines Arena either.