Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best Show Thus Far: 2012

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Show Thus Far: 2012 (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Show 2012

1. Miami (3 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

2. Tampa (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

3. Atlanta (2 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

4. Houston (6 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

5. Dallas (3 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

6. Austin (2 votes [5.88%])

7. Austin (taping) (2 votes [5.88%])

8. St. Louis (2 votes [5.88%])

9. Kansas City (4 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

10. Broomfield (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

11. Glendale (9 votes [26.47%])

Percentage of vote: 26.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

party woo

party woo

Gagging Order!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts
I think the show also looks different depending on where you are. Thom's not that big and if you're not near him it can be hard to see his extraordinary dance moves. I had great seats in the first section by the stage with a view of Ed that was clear as day, but when Thom wandered to stage left I couldn't see much of him. Some songs I wondered "what is he doing over there?" and a few songs looked like he was just standing there, but when I saw videos of the same songs on YouTube I could see that Thom was actually doing a lot, I just couldn't see it from my angle.

People just don't get into live shows like they used to, I guess, and I think people sitting around looking uninterested is the new normal. I'm really not surprised that Radiohead fans would go to a show and sit around moping. :) There were some sitters where I was but there were just as many dancers too.

Edit: I listened to the Houston, St. Louis, and Broomfield tapes. They were all good but I liked Houston best. Broomfield was great but it didn't have Identikit.

UKnotOK

UKnotOK

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • LocationUK
Maybe its because people dont go to as many gigs anymore, or maybe it was their first (ahhhh cute!), but i always think "sod it" and i loose myself completely, who gives a crap what anyone thinks or does. Enjoy the hell out of it.

:dancingthom: :dancingthom: :10:
...where i end & you begin...

thedevilsway

thedevilsway

pablothewizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationEngland
This is sooooooo hard....

Of the bootlegs I've heard so far (most of the shows but not all - for the rest of the gigs I'm having to rely on that most unreliable and biased of sources, the media) HOUSTON sounds the best performance. To be honest though I would have been VERY happy to have been at any of them. Especially show 10. Radiohead gigs are all unique both in terms of the songs they play and the "vibe" on the night, but they always provide a great and memorable show in my experience. I always find it a little weird when people say a gig was either great or crap based on the rest of the audience: admittedly a boisterous crowd who are really "into" the music is a great thing but whenever I've seen them I've been too wrapped up in my own little 2 hours of heaven ("in the zone" as it were) to care less about anyone else's take on proceedings.

All I will say is whoever was lucky enough to hear Orgy and Packd live should now be able to die quite happily...

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,170 posts
  • LocationTennessee

but whenever I've seen them I've been too wrapped up in my own little 2 hours of heaven ("in the zone" as it were) to care less about anyone else's take on proceedings.

This. The people around me could have been asleep for all I cared and I would still have had a blast. They were really into it though.

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

babydoctor

babydoctor

dragon wizard dracogenius

• Members
  • 15,484 posts

I always find it a little weird when people say a gig was either great or crap based on the rest of the audience: admittedly a boisterous crowd who are really "into" the music is a great thing but whenever I've seen them I've been too wrapped up in my own little 2 hours of heaven ("in the zone" as it were) to care less about anyone else's take on proceedings.

maybe it is a little overblown, and i enjoyed it immensely regardless, but i would like to be able to dance around and generally lose myself without having to make a scene or a statement. i do wonder about that when i watch the 3 people within 50 feet of me who are dancing: 'you know you're being watched, and you do it anyway, so you must be getting off on it you exhibitionist fuck'. but maybe i'm just an asshole.

party woo

party woo

Gagging Order!

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

maybe it is a little overblown, and i enjoyed it immensely regardless, but i would like to be able to dance around and generally lose myself without having to make a scene or a statement. i do wonder about that when i watch the 3 people within 50 feet of me who are dancing: 'you know you're being watched, and you do it anyway, so you must be getting off on it you exhibitionist fuck'. but maybe i'm just an asshole.

LOL, when you put it that way you have a point. I danced like a fool but I probably would have thought twice if I had not been surrounded by other freaks and weirdos. I think I was in the section for People On Hallucinogens Who Are Having A Seizure Or Personal Radiohead Experience.

party woo

party woo

Gagging Order!

• Members
  • 2,298 posts
I would not trade my Tampa show for any other because we had the nastiest naughtiest bad-ass Myxomatosis dancing Thom ever. This song makes me think it would be real cool if Mr Yorke punched me in the face while I served him tea.

panamadude

panamadude

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It definitely has to be Miami. Nobody had an idea of how the setlist "frame" was going to look like, so everyone was super excited. The crowd was pretty international (heard people from Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina, Dominican Republic, Panama, Costa Rica on the hallways, real fans who will never have a shot at a RH concert in the countries and who must travel for a show, just like me) and the environment was super good. Everything from the There There 4 drums section, to the small glitch during Give up the Ghost, 2 new songs, the Red Pants debut, the screens, the crowd response to Weird Fishes, the Karma Police sing along (which continued AFTER THE SONG FINISHED). It has to be Miami. I am planning to go to Jersey for the 6/1 show just because I couldn't get enough of what I experienced there....

party woo

party woo

Gagging Order!

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

It definitely has to be Miami. Nobody had an idea of how the setlist "frame" was going to look like, so everyone was super excited. The crowd was pretty international (heard people from Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina, Dominican Republic, Panama, Costa Rica on the hallways, real fans who will never have a shot at a RH concert in the countries and who must travel for a show, just like me) and the environment was super good. Everything from the There There 4 drums section, to the small glitch during Give up the Ghost, 2 new songs, the Red Pants debut, the screens, the crowd response to Weird Fishes, the Karma Police sing along (which continued AFTER THE SONG FINISHED). It has to be Miami. I am planning to go to Jersey for the 6/1 show just because I couldn't get enough of what I experienced there....

I hate myself for not trying to get tickets to this show. I didn't even think about until after I went to the Tampa gig and desperately wanted more and then I was like "You could have gone to two shows dope!" Definitely cool that you guys got three new songs and that Karma Police sing-song was very nice.