Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

top 50 radiohead trax

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

InPitchDark

InPitchDark

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
1. Everything In Its Right Place
2. Idioteque
3. There There
4. Paranoid Android
5. Lucky
6. Reckoner
7. Just
8. Fake Plastic Trees
9. The National Anthem
10. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

11. Nude
12. 2+2=5
13. My Iron Lung
14. Pyramid Song
15. How To Disappear Completely
16. The Bends
17. No Surprises
18. Bones
19. Karma Police
20. Talk Show Host

21. Creep
22. I Might Be Wrong
23. Airbag
24. Morning Bell
25. Exit Music (For A Film)
26. Videotape
27. Maquiladora
28. 15 Step
29. Bodysnatchers
30. All I Need

31. You
32. Knives Out
33. Kid A
34. Planet Telex
35. Nice Dream
36. Black Star
37. Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box
38. Dollars & Cents
39. The Gloaming
40. India Rubber

41. Thinking About You
42. Lift
43. Sulk
44. Motion Picture Soundtrack
45. Permanent Daylight
46. Optimistic
47. True Love Waits
48. Faust Arp
49. Lozenge Of Love
50. House Of Cards

party woo

party woo

Gagging Order!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

I found interesting how people is putting Identikit, CAH or SOTS... I like these tracks a lot, really, dont get me wrong, but how do you know how to rank them on a favourite songs list if we dont know how is going to sound really at the end? is like saying Dark Knight Rises is the between the best movies of the year and we haven't seen it just the trailers...

I would loved to put Identikit (my favourite from these songs), but i just couldn't for these reasons I mentioned...

I'm not judging, I just wanna know :P

They like it (Identikit) enough to play it at almost all of the shows, while the other new songs were only played a handful. Thom has commented a few times that it's one of his current favorites, and it seems to be evolving, which makes me think it will be around for a while. Even if it changes into something different on a future album, I will always fondly remember it in this form, because you don't get to hear new rh unreleased songs live every day, but I actually got to hear this one. And then I had it in my head for days and days. It's got Thom and Ed overlapping vocals, beautiful bass and synthesizers, and that reggae beat.

But I agree with you to a point, and I couldn't put it at #1.

babydoctor

babydoctor

dragon wizard dracogenius

• Members
  • 15,545 posts
a song isnt just the final studio recording. in some cases i probably rated a song more based on how they perform it live (morning bell for example). if they fuck skirting up in the studio somehow it'll probably bring my average ranking for it down but i'll always love how they played it this year.

tristan

tristan

Paperbag Writer

• Members
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationBath / London
man i just cant believe some ppl havnt felt let down yet. theres no possible way it cant be in a top 50 tracks.

I Made An Album

pleasee listen!

Soundcloudlastfmfm.

babydoctor

babydoctor

• Members
  • 15,545 posts
i loved it when i first got into them but it's been a long time since it was in the top half of ok computer for me.

pennyroyalty

pennyroyalty

crazy like God

• Super Moderators
  • 38,076 posts
i didn't include any unreleased songs, or solo stuff for that matter, although i think both are fair game when assessing the band generally and there would be a fair few in there if i'd bothered. Skirting would be right up there. i'm a bit burnt after what happened to Give Up The Ghost though to be honest, the best, killer harmony from the Cambridge debut is absent from every subsequent version of the song and its ruined my appreciation of the song (i should probably just say 'well that version still exists and is top 5 for me', but um, i haven't).

Treehut

Treehut

----

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
Idioteque is like Discoteque

mugsy

mugsy

The Concept - TFC

• Members
  • 1,809 posts
I like alot of these lists

Posted ImagePosted Image

Hippopothomas J

Hippopothomas J

Ichorous Earth

• Members
  • 21,942 posts
Man I thought the studio version of GUTG did it a lot of justice, considering how badly it could have ended up.

fatty_mc_fatso.jpg

Fast Tracker

Fast Tracker

boxes. lots of boxes.

• Members
  • 7,201 posts
i like let down but it has always been near the bottom of OKC for me

i didnt include any non-band stuff as i can do without the extra headaches of comparisons.

i'm a bit burnt after what happened to Give Up The Ghost though to be honest, the best, killer harmony from the Cambridge debut is absent from every subsequent version of the song and its ruined my appreciation of the song (i should probably just say 'well that version still exists and is top 5 for me', but um, i haven't).

ive written a few times on here about feeling that EXACT way about GUTG. the ending of the cambridge version is infinitely heartbreaking whereas the studio version is simply heartwarming but not nearly as good. just the way he drops his voice gradually whilst singing 'arms' at the end is what made it work. its still great but man the cambridge version was in reckoner territory.

babydoctor

babydoctor

• Members
  • 15,545 posts
i do miss that little hook, but i dunno if it drastically affected my enjoyment of it. i get the 'heartbreaking' vs 'heartwarming' thing, the album version is definitely more comforting than the debut. i dunno if it's that hook or it's the performance he put on or what, but it was more crushing in that first recording. i dunno, when they came through arizona thom talked about missing their families before playing GUTG and i think that captures how i feel about GUTG from king of limbs onwards. it's a home to come back to.

Treehut

Treehut

----

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

i do miss that little hook, but i dunno if it drastically affected my enjoyment of it. i get the 'heartbreaking' vs 'heartwarming' thing, the album version is definitely more comforting than the debut. i dunno if it's that hook or it's the performance he put on or what, but it was more crushing in that first recording. i dunno, when they came through arizona thom talked about missing their families before playing GUTG and i think that captures how i feel about GUTG from king of limbs onwards. it's a home to come back to.

Some of those songs are nothing more than I Want None Of This sounding like Thom doesn't even care about singing the song. I wish I could say more but I can't. They have made some good songs in recent years like Weird Fish and All I Need, but some of them are not so good like Go Slowly and Codex. I also thought that after listening to Reckoner-House Of Cards-Jigsaw Falling Into Place they where some of the best songs since The Bends album.
After the release of The King Of Limbs album I found myself steering away from Kid A, Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief because I just don't like them as much.

Master Shortpants

Master Shortpants

cooking relish in an oven

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
  • Locationplacing mustard in the freezer

i like let down but it has always been near the bottom of OKC for me

i didnt include any non-band stuff as i can do without the extra headaches of comparisons.

ive written a few times on here about feeling that EXACT way about GUTG. the ending of the cambridge version is infinitely heartbreaking whereas the studio version is simply heartwarming but not nearly as good. just the way he drops his voice gradually whilst singing 'arms' at the end is what made it work. its still great but man the cambridge version was in reckoner territory.

Thisthisthis so much. I still haven't gotten over it ;(

:10: http://greenplastic....-30772.jpg?_r=0 :10:

:ed:

pennyroyalty

pennyroyalty

crazy like God

• Super Moderators
  • 38,076 posts
it probably doesn't help that i was standing a few metres in front of Thom when he debuted it. i'm not normally one for 'it was better live/before' talk, but i just don't understand why that harmony wouldn't be used again- unless it actually postdated the studio recording, but we haven't heard it in recent live takes either of course. i wonder if Thom simply improvised it that night and forgot about it? i don't imagine Thom looks himself up on youtube after gigs...

NervousMarionette

NervousMarionette

The lower echelons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

it probably doesn't help that i was standing a few metres in front of Thom when he debuted it. i'm not normally one for 'it was better live/before' talk, but i just don't understand why that harmony wouldn't be used again- unless it actually postdated the studio recording, but we haven't heard it in recent live takes either of course. i wonder if Thom simply improvised it that night and forgot about it? i don't imagine Thom looks himself up on youtube after gigs...

i was about 10 feet from thom at coachella when he performed gutg in 2010. it was amazing. i have to say that the album version never really lived up to that for me. when tkol came i did really like the album version, but it wasnt the same as thom solo. now, a year later, it is the only song i often skip on the album. i was even a bit disappointed seeing it live this tour. its just interesting because it was one of my favs when the album first came out. perhaps its just sort of one dimensional now....doesnt hold the attention.
*Be Constructive With Your Blues*

chairman_burt

chairman_burt

united forever in friendship and labour

• Members
  • 11,808 posts
1. Motion Picture Soundtrack
2. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
3. Street Spirit (Fade Out)
4. True Love Waits
5. There There
6. Karma Police
7. Fog (Again)
8. Idioteque
9. Reckoner
10. Let Down
11. Everything In Its Right Place
12. The Trickster
13. Knives Out
14. Cuttooth
15. Scatterbrain
16. Talk Show Host
17. Paranoid Android
18. How To Disappear Completely
19. 2+2=5
20. The Bends
21. Lift
22. The Tourist
23. Separator
24. Airbag
25. Where I End And You Begin
26. Planet Telex
27. Climbing Up The Walls
28. Life In A Glasshouse
29. You And Whose Army?
30. These Are My Twisted Words
31. Bodysnatchers
32. Like Spinning Plates
33. Cymbal Rush
34. Pyramid Song
35. (Nice Dream)
36. No Surprises
37. Codex
38. The National Anthem
39. Exit Music (For A Film)
40. Videotape
41. Morning Bell
42. I Can't
43. Permanent Daylight
44. How I Made My Millions
45. Bishop's Robes
46. Meeting In The Aisle
47. Fake Plastic Trees
48. Backdrifts
49. You Never Wash Up After Yourself
50. You

жесткий. не идущий на компромиссы

party woo

party woo

Gagging Order!

• Members
  • 2,328 posts
I think I have settled with the idea that Identikit will be a different song if it makes it out of the studio. At first I wanted to preserve it in time, but now I'm getting anxious waiting to see if they will take it to another level. I'm cheering for it to make it on the next album, whenever that may be. The first few performances, I think they didn't know what the audience would make of it, and Thom sang it in such a way that felt kind of humble and shy, but a little bit manic too. I felt like I was watching them work through this song in real time. It was so fresh and of-the-moment.

Hippopothomas J

Hippopothomas J

Ichorous Earth

• Members
  • 21,942 posts

Some of those songs are nothing more than I Want None Of This sounding like Thom doesn't even care about singing the song. I wish I could say more but I can't. They have made some good songs in recent years like Weird Fish and All I Need, but some of them are not so good like Go Slowly and Codex. I also thought that after listening to Reckoner-House Of Cards-Jigsaw Falling Into Place they where some of the best songs since The Bends album.
After the release of The King Of Limbs album I found myself steering away from Kid A, Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief because I just don't like them as much.

Man I think Radiohead were on such a roll around IR time. Even if Bangers + Mash and Last Flowers came out a little flat, I still think this is a period when they produced a lot of their best material.

fatty_mc_fatso.jpg

smwatson

smwatson

duke of llama.

• Members
  • 15,068 posts
  • LocationLondon
man i dont know how to do this anymore

1. DITNU

then the rest no idea

would be IR-era dominated though definitely