Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Radiohead On The Cover of Rollingstone

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

TheDrunkMachine

TheDrunkMachine

Talk Show Host

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationWashington (The State)

this seems like a never-ending theme with them

Yep, I don't think there is one era that didn't have this thing going on. Maybe In Rainbows?

pennyroyalty

pennyroyalty

crazy like God

• Super Moderators
  • 38,076 posts

this seems like a never-ending theme with them

ah but not about the here and now or very recent past. like i'd expect to hear about this kind of thing during the promotion of LP9, not while they're still in this era. the headline might have been 'how RH learned to rock again' but the article itself appears to catch Radiohead before they've really resolved the issues they're talking about.

biggie p

biggie p

uh huh huh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,183 posts

ah but not about the here and now or very recent past. like i'd expect to hear about this kind of thing during the promotion of LP9, not while they're still in this era. the headline might have been 'how RH learned to rock again' but the article itself appears to catch Radiohead before they've really resolved the issues they're talking about.

oh, like they'd slag off TKOL while promoting LP9? yeah i guess so. i reckon it's more like two different things though - sounds like they're perfectly proud of the music and what they're doing with it, but didn't develop much of a plan before releasing it wrt promotion and how they'd go forward as a band. like, it's not like they're shitting on the album (yet) and, well, thankfully i think they'll skip that phase completely with IR. but they always have this feeling of doubt surrounding their music and what they're making and how they're conducting business, but with IR they seemed comfortable with their plans after releasing it (as opposed to the fraught process recording it), while now they're still worried they didn't do this one right. which they didn't, but oh well

skatterbrain'd

skatterbrain'd

Weird creature

• Members
  • 26,384 posts
I enjoyed reading this... Certainly added somethig to my view on tkol...

Perhaps the guy is "trying too hard" but did a decent job to get new fans into the band... Went off track a lot of times to recite facts we all know by now
My prayer to you is that you do all the things you set out to do, and live your life the way you love...

some things will never wash away

backwoods_trout

backwoods_trout

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Thom's right about lotus flower live, it got nasty, but I don't think for the better.

funnyHAHA

funnyHAHA

funnyhow

• Members
  • 1,094 posts
pretty funny people talking about the interviewer "trying too hard"...............it's David Fricke.
He's an iconic music journalist and has been interviewing and reviewing the biggest bands for decades.
i dont think he was trying too hard.............the title of the article is kinda lame but thats it.
and as for the facts that "we all know by now", well not everyone is obsessed with radiohead like all the people on here.
he's writing for a larger audience.

not just obnoxious "know-it-all" radiohead fanboys.

-----------
----
-
_______________ - - -----------_______

_ ___________________ ______________

_____-------------------_________----_--____-__-_8_________

party woo

party woo

Citizen Insane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

pretty funny people talking about the interviewer "trying too hard"...............it's David Fricke.
He's an iconic music journalist and has been interviewing and reviewing the biggest bands for decades.
i dont think he was trying too hard.............the title of the article is kinda lame but thats it.
and as for the facts that "we all know by now", well not everyone is obsessed with radiohead like all the people on here.

It's written in an old-fashioned style like the old days of Rolling Stone, when the writers would follow the band around for a while, hang out, see a few shows, and then report on the experience. David Fricke also did a pretty positive review of the Miami show and it seems like he is a big fan. I was actually pleased to see that he did this article because he is from that legendary old school of music journalism. I loved my Rolling Stone subscription, once upon a time.

nordheim

nordheim

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Locationatx/lax/lon/dtw

It's written in an old-fashioned style like the old days of Rolling Stone, when the writers would follow the band around for a while, hang out, see a few shows, and then report on the experience. David Fricke also did a pretty positive review of the Miami show and it seems like he is a big fan. I was actually pleased to see that he did this article because he is from that legendary old school of music journalism. I loved my Rolling Stone subscription, once upon a time.

here here! to both of you! yeah, fricke is a legend. a wonky older guy now for sure, but is a champion of many great bands, radiohead and wilco namely in my book. hes goofy and a bit of an "embarrassing dad" at times, but still really neat. i heard a quote from thom once about them hanging out together around the kid a time. sounds like they may be pals. fricke trying too hard? please, people. more like fricke being fricke, an enthusiast of music, through and through.

funnyHAHA

funnyHAHA

funnyhow

• Members
  • 1,094 posts

here here! to both of you! yeah, fricke is a legend. a wonky older guy now for sure, but is a champion of many great bands, radiohead and wilco namely in my book. hes goofy and a bit of an "embarrassing dad" at times, but still really neat. i heard a quote from thom once about them hanging out together around the kid a time. sounds like they may be pals. fricke trying too hard? please, people. more like fricke being fricke, an enthusiast of music, through and through.

yep.
but hey, you can't expect much on a board full of hyperbolic, reductive, obnoxious, dismissive kids. aka.........the new generation of radiohead fans.

-----------
----
-

skatterbrain'd

skatterbrain'd

Weird creature

• Members
  • 26,384 posts

i did like that... the fact that it's not just from a few hours... but that it goes on for several days
My prayer to you is that you do all the things you set out to do, and live your life the way you love...

skatterbrain'd

skatterbrain'd

Weird creature

• Members
  • 26,384 posts

wasn't complaining about him mentioning those facts, thought was nice to feed info for those who aren't insane as some of us here...
reading the article made me hope some would change their minds about tkol... i hear lots of complains about it, but i thinks it's a beautiful album

party woo

party woo

Citizen Insane

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

wasn't complaining about him mentioning those facts, thought was nice to feed info for those who aren't insane as some of us here...
reading the article made me hope some would change their minds about tkol... i hear lots of complains about it, but i thinks it's a beautiful album

I'm one of those who doesn't know much about Radiohead's biography so it's all news to me. I try to avoid too much knowledge of my favorite artists' personal lives, because if they turn out to be assholes it might spoil my love of the art. I like that Thom and the other guys don't embarrass themselves on twitter or at public events like so many celebrities. And it must be hard to get a good interview with Thom, because he seems to go out of his way to avoid attention.

Ed O'Brien

Ed O'Brien

Subterranean Homesick Alien

• Members
  • 3,226 posts

yep.
but hey, you can't expect much on a board full of hyperbolic, reductive, obnoxious, dismissive kids. aka.........the new generation of radiohead fans.

talk about being all those things

backwoods_trout

backwoods_trout

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Who really gives a crap about what Rolling Stone writes, what is this the 70's?

gloaming88

gloaming88

Worrywort

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

yep.

From the looks of your join date, one might assume you to be a Rainbower and not so long ago you were the new generation of radiohead fans. Though you may be older than some people here, from your one comment your just as reductive and dismissive as those whom you were just critiquing.
Posted Image

chroma

chroma

rabid cultist

• Super Moderators
  • 32,885 posts
  • Locationwhere i am
haha, man some things never change

sigline6.jpg

six colored pictures all in a row of a marigold

funnyHAHA

funnyHAHA

funnyhow

• Members
  • 1,094 posts
:lol:

a "rainbower".

-----------
----
-

chronotriggerxl

chronotriggerxl

SubterraneanHomesickAlien

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationChicago
What's up with that cover though? Not a fan of that weird "blending" effect they did with each of the members. Definitely a hack job in that respect.

rose ocean

rose ocean

Sir Didymus

• Members
  • 15,868 posts
yeah pretty meh

96du.jpg

ほたる

ほたる

bb

• Members
  • 7,881 posts

Yorke flew in from Britain late yesterday - his eyelids are still heavy with jet lag -

still great

Posted Image
Posted Image