Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Atoms For Peace: five new songs debuted live

Holy shite

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

chai

chai

flame unbound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
Thom and Nigel debuted five new AFP songs during a live DJ set in Los Angeles tonight. Check out some videos compiled here:

http://www.ateaseweb...r-peace-dj-set/

Posted Image

These Are My Twisted Words

Orbiting Children

Orbiting Children

10 mile stereo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationMéxico.
why anybody has replied this? wel. for me in my first hering of this songs, I really dont feel excited :(
I dont know if its cause is a DJ set or i dont like em ... all the whole thing feels like a "Twist" mega mix or something like that and dont feel happy with that feeling in my ears... some parts are very good but I'd love to hear those songs live with all members and no with loops and samples.. just my opinion

Guero

Guero

Talk Show Host

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationEngland
I love how it sounds, but I don't really think the DJ set does it justice. Theyre not that great quality, I havent even got a clue what Thom is singing. Really look forward to hearing the album though, and I imagine the full band versions will be pretty awesome.

Also Twist is ace....after the 2:30 mark. Before that, just really fuckin' annoying TWISTTWISTTWISTTWISTTWIST

pattersonk092

pattersonk092

pattersonk092

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire/New York
these sound great, only concern is they sound more like The Eraser than an AFP live show. not complaining or anything, we don't even know if these are new tracks, but i'm hoping for that live sound of AFP to be brought into the studio. but we may get something like The Eraser, which would be awesome, that will then come to life live as did the tracks on The Eraser. Either way I'm excited for the new music!!

total waste of time... :smoke_coo 

we all die anyways...why not just enjoy the way out

pattersonk092

pattersonk092

pattersonk092

• Members
  • 1,814 posts
check out stanely's artwork while your browsin around for AFP info from last night. The guy is amazing

box

box

Its Ovah. Its Ovah.

• Members
  • 22,631 posts
  • LocationSex in the Halls, Niagara Falls
These seem promising

j6w3.jpg

Guero

Guero

Talk Show Host

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationEngland
Didn't thom say some of the songs would just be him and others would be full band?
I feel like a few of these are remixes of the actual tracks on the AFP album, but a couple are probably the original tracks. The main reason being that there’s very little Flea bass noticeable on some of them. Time will tell

I don't mind either way. I loved The Eraser, and the AFP life show rocked!

pattersonk092

pattersonk092

pattersonk092

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Didn't thom say some of the songs would just be him and others would be full band?
I feel like a few of these are remixes of the actual tracks on the AFP album, but a couple are probably the original tracks. The main reason being that there’s very little Flea bass noticeable on some of them. Time will tell

I don't mind either way. I loved The Eraser, and the AFP life show rocked!

tbh the lack of Flea was the first thing i noticed too. I liked what i heard, just thought i'd hear more flea [assuming these are new AFP tracks]. but that remix theory makes sense

Guero

Guero

Talk Show Host

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationEngland

tbh the lack of Flea was the first thing i noticed too. I liked what i heard, just thought i'd hear more flea [assuming these are new AFP tracks]. but that remix theory makes sense

Flea will probably shine on a few other tracks, if he doesn't go crazy on bass for the AFP album I'll be genuinely surprised/disappointed
Ido really think some are remixes though. Like the first one with Thom and the piano? That doesn't sound remixed at all, where as 1 or 2 afterwards sound like they are. Still think they were pretty awesome though. Seeing as RH have the month off and the Lost Angeles exhibition has started I reckon Thom may finally release the album.

sacos

sacos

twitching and salivating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
pretty excited about this. whether or not these are actual songs, remixes, other songs, whatever...the fact that this stuff is surfacing makes me pumped. i just hope the wait is not much longer....

Guero

Guero

Talk Show Host

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationEngland

I just hope the wait is not much longer....

Of all the songs that were played, this is the one that I'm really looking forward to:

LOVE IT. Hope it's not a remix and the actual song sounds like that...

I'm gonna start speculating right now. Release date, will be within the next month.

I fucking bet you it comes out in September or some shit.

gentil géant

gentil géant

pas un meurtre en passant

• Members
  • 6,798 posts
hmmm

Posted Image

danseurs témoins, dans la vie, il faut d'abord durer

pennyroyalty

pennyroyalty

crazy like God

• Super Moderators
  • 38,076 posts
looks like they're live mixing the multi-tracks, so it's probably pretty indicative of the finished record but it won't sound quite like that.

babydoctor

babydoctor

dragon wizard dracogenius

• Members
  • 15,549 posts
sounds kinda like they picked up where pulled apart by horses/hearing damage/etc left off.

NervousMarionette

NervousMarionette

The lower echelons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
not that impressed yet, but i think they will grow on me with full band and finished album versions.
*Be Constructive With Your Blues*

rank

rank

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Since when has Thom played songs live that sound like finished versions?...Mouse Dog Bird, Lotus Flower, Morning Mr Magpie, Skirting on the Surface (so far), all have ended up different from when we first heard them. I haven't been disappointed by Thom or Radiohead yet & I am sure the new AFP record won't disappoint either. Nice tease. Can't wait for the real thing!

pattersonk092

pattersonk092

pattersonk092

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Since when has Thom played songs live that sound like finished versions?...Mouse Dog Bird, Lotus Flower, Morning Mr Magpie, Skirting on the Surface (so far), all have ended up different from when we first heard them. I haven't been disappointed by Thom or Radiohead yet & I am sure the new AFP record won't disappoint either. Nice tease. Can't wait for the real thing!

To be fair, this was a DJ set though. Looked like they were almost simply playing back the songs yet still blending them together

Genghis_Lumumba

Genghis_Lumumba

Amnesiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Locationamerika
turning turning turning turning turning

I judge wisely, as if nothin ever surprise me
Loungin, between two pillars of ivory