Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nigel Godrich's thread

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

codexedoc

codexedoc

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationMontreal
Yes. Now come on Nigel, make some news. Release a solo album. You won't have to leave The Basement. Then we'll stop talking about astronomy and literature on your thread.

Orbiting Children

Orbiting Children

10 mile stereo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationMéxico.
hahahaha... at least you really talk more about the sound and all stuff behind production on RH music...

I dont doubt that Jonny may collect ondes, but if he has a this:

In 1997, the Ondéa project began designing an instrument based on the ondes Martenot. Since the Martenot name is still protected, the new instrument is called Ondéa, but has the playing and operational characteristics of the original ondes Martenot. In 2001, a completed prototype was first used in concerts. These instruments have been in regular use since 2005

that would explain that they carry with it on tour, do u know the phisical differences between the ondes and this ondéa thing?

about the real topic on this thread, i downloaded the Here we go magic album and idk but my laptop gets slow as hell every time i do something related to that album (check the info of the tracks, move the carpet or play the audios).. do u have a nice mp3 file for it?

Orbiting Children

Orbiting Children

10 mile stereo

• Members
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationMéxico.

Yes. Now come on Nigel, make some news. Release a solo album. You won't have to leave The Basement. Then we'll stop talking about astronomy and literature on your thread.

and yes! this would be cool :smoke_coo

codexedoc

codexedoc

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationMontreal

do u know the phisical differences between the ondes and this ondéa thing?

The original Ondes Martenot invented first used in 1928 didn't have a keyboard/piano component. I learned that from this great video with Jean Laurendeau:

Orbiting Children

Orbiting Children

10 mile stereo

• Members
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationMéxico.
:o i have so much to learn about ondes then...

Orbiting Children

Orbiting Children

10 mile stereo

• Members
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationMéxico.

back to the Nigel related thing, this track is great

Orbiting Children

Orbiting Children

10 mile stereo

• Members
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationMéxico.
Here We Go Magic- Make up your mind

ihggy-GP

ihggy-GP

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,712 posts
i heard that Nige (nickname for Nigel used by the 'Head (nickname for Radiohead used by 'Head Heads (nickname for Radiohead fans used by Radiohead fan communities))) is widely considered to be the "fifth member" of Radiohead, like George Martin of the Beatles?

tsuji

tsuji

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
"We are VERY pleased to announce that we're mid way through production of our 3rd series of FTB!!
The stars have aligned for us finally and we're off - we've been able to make the show just as we had hoped thanks to some very helpful production partners who have enabled us not to compromise our aims and ideas. I'm also excited to say that this time we're also filming in 3D!

Now.. hang on a minute. Don't scoff. I was very cynical and wary about the 3D thing too.. but I have to tell you it works. It's kind of amazing. 3D TV technology has moved on from red and green glasses and disaster movies. Think of standing in front of a Monet instead of looking at a photograph of a Monet. It's a subtle thing that brings it up a notch without screwing with how beautiful it looks in 2D. I am converted - for our show in any case.. because the depth is in there anyway, just in 3D you can actually see it.. and in 2D you can still feel it. It still looks great.

The series will premiere in 3D on 3Net in the US in July and Sky 3D in the Autumn.
In 2D it will be available through Sony Pictures Crackle network in the US and Sky Arts in the UK.
So all in all - very excited to do this and we hope you like it. We are working hard to make this something we can be proud of.
For more info watch this space. Or alternatively register above and we'll let you know what's happening.. when it happens."

- NIGEL GODRICH

from
www.fromthebasement.tv

Orbiting Children

Orbiting Children

10 mile stereo

• Members
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationMéxico.
i have never seen a 3D movie or anything XD

office chart

office chart

Trickster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,283 posts
my god Nigel is doing 3D as well? sell outttttttttt

c2b52a7b-8665-4507-a247-e9006667a4c5_zps

tsuji

tsuji

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
http://www.crackle.c...ty_Pt_1/2487721

First from the basement episode up on crackle!