Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sulk

- - - - - Great Old Footage Surfaces

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

mugsy

mugsy

The Concept - TFC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts
Sulk
You
Just
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&v=GlX8DcbIg7g

very cool footage surfaces.

Black Star
Bulletproof

1502107.gif

Electric Candyman

Electric Candyman

Worrywort

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
anyone seen this before?

Orbiting Children

Orbiting Children

10 mile stereo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationMéxico.
good interview, i hadnt seen it before

pattersonk092

pattersonk092

pattersonk092

• Members
  • 1,814 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire/New York
the johnny rotten phase!! i've heard this live recording of sulk before-never seen the video for it though

total waste of time... :smoke_coo 

we all die anyways...why not just enjoy the way out

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,702 posts
  • LocationTennessee
I hadn't seen it either, thanks for posting.

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

LP_Green

LP_Green

Creep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationFloating down the Liffy, Ireland
never heard it and seen it! though I looked a long time for a live version of Sulk. man... Thom's vocal range was so impressive. It still is today for his age, but at that time...wow.

Lenny Bruce

Lenny Bruce

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
This is a marvellous, sublime song. The jewel nº 11 from 'The bends', probably the most misinterpret composition of the group. And this 'live version' is a
wonderful jewel of the time, of great value. Two days ago I'm uploaded three videos for 'Sulk', with the original version with the original and mutilated lyric (below I post a brief report from the story in wich is inspired the lyric), a video version that I made, and a cover of the theme that I have from the era of Napster, the only information of the group that adapt the song of Radiohead that I have is that name, Sucia. It's been a long time since I downloaded the song and this is the information that comes in the mp3, I have been researching and I have no found anything about. If I remember correctly this is a group from Switzerland but I'm not very sure that the name of the group is correct. Even so I think it is worthwhile, I hope anyone like it a little bit.

Greetings to all.

Radiohead- Sulk [original early version] (Subtitulado al español):

This might be one of the most unpopular songs from The Bends but if it had remained in it's original form, this could have been one of the greatest Radiohead tracks ever. This song is from the Pablo Honey era, was written before Creep, and was originally based on the Hungerford Massacre near Oxford in 1987. A lone gunman walked into a school killing as he went. The defining lyric was originally, don't shoot your gun but Thom replaced this with just like your dad.. The death of Kurt Cobain was still heavily in the press before the time of The Bends release and one of the weekly music papers had featured a front page spread of Thom with the words, Thom Yorke...the next Kurt Kobain? The lyrics were changed because the band didn't want the media to misinterperet the song, believing it was about Cobain and Thom being another 'rock' martyr. As a result Thom grew bored of the whole affair and gave up on the song, and it was hardly played live as a result. The changed lyrics take away the power and presence the song had before and as a result it is the weakest track on The Bends. Early versions can be found on bootlegs, and if you can find them, they are well worth hearing and will make you realise what a great song this really was, and could have been.

Radiohead- Sulk [video version] (Subtitulado al español):

Sucia- Sulk [Radiohead cover] (Subtitulado al español):

imotbhsulkliveplz

imotbhsulkliveplz

The Tourist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
WOW - Check out my username of over 4 years :P
I think you're crazy, maybe.