Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The new board is still a buggy pile of shit

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Naomi WHAT!?

Naomi WHAT!?

Ichorous Earth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,838 posts
Discuss.

fatty_mc_fatso.jpg

Naomi WHAT!?

Naomi WHAT!?

Ichorous Earth

• Members
  • 21,838 posts
It seems to constantly fuck up when it comes to editing or quoting posts, earlier it was giving me the raw HTML to edit, although any changes I made didn't go through.

fatty_mc_fatso.jpg

rose

rose

I wanna make a supersonic woman of you!

• Members
  • 12,346 posts
I don't have these problems

i5m1_zps4ef73f6c.jpg

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,196 posts
  • LocationTennessee

I don't have these problems

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

gurbe

gurbe

o

• Members
  • 7,142 posts
i think you have become unable to tell when you are using your own application or any other, thomasj. it has clearly grown into something larger than yourself

pp___evil_smile_by_tanita_sama-d2xp9s5.g

Naomi WHAT!?

Naomi WHAT!?

Ichorous Earth

• Members
  • 21,838 posts
:lol:

Seriously though, no-one else has these problems? I find the multiquote function messes up a LOT

fatty_mc_fatso.jpg

ol dirty chinese restauran

ol dirty chinese restauran

t

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
The search function is at an all-time low

Spoiler

gentil géant

gentil géant

pas un meurtre en passant

• Members
  • 6,798 posts
thought that was jus me

Posted Image

danseurs témoins, dans la vie, il faut d'abord durer

chroma

chroma

rabid cultist

• Super Moderators
  • 33,009 posts
  • Locationwhere i am
i have noticed its more buggy when i use chrome than when i use firefox. for example, often the reply box will be greyed out and i can't type in it. doesn't happen on firefox. so i don't think its a board problem as much as a chrome one.

sigline6.jpg

six colored pictures all in a row of a marigold

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,196 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Seriously though, no-one else has these problems? I find the multiquote function messes up a LOT

that's funny because on the old board multiquote never worked for me, but now it works fine.

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

Naomi WHAT!?

Naomi WHAT!?

Ichorous Earth

• Members
  • 21,838 posts

i have noticed its more buggy when i use chrome than when i use firefox. for example, often the reply box will be greyed out and i can't type in it. doesn't happen on firefox. so i don't think its a board problem as much as a chrome one.

But making a website work across all browsers is part of making a website. Also, I use Firefox.

fatty_mc_fatso.jpg

chroma

chroma

rabid cultist

• Super Moderators
  • 33,009 posts
  • Locationwhere i am

But making a website work across all browsers is part of making a website. Also, I use Firefox.

yes. just saying. chrome is weird. i also can't read facebook on chrome, it gets blocked. so yes, you're right - everything should work on all browsers. but they don't.

but anyways, yeah, i do think this is not ideal. from a moderators view, this is not nearly as nice as what we had in the past. but i dunno what to say - i have no idea how expensive and/or time consuming it is for jonathan to keep the board up. he's not really here very much these days. and it seems like every time he does have to come in and do something about the board it becomes a kinda big deal, because theres so much involved. last time he updated, in april, he had to archive tons of old threads and delete a bunch of old user names that weren't being used anymore, just to keep things working at a decent speed cuz the sheer bulk was just bogging everything down.

sigline6.jpg

six colored pictures all in a row of a marigold

biggie p

biggie p

uh huh huh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,505 posts
i haven't had any problems with it since he squashed a few bugs a month or two ago, when it was slow as shit. works pretty well for me this days

i think it'd be a decent idea at this point to archive the entire thing and start fresh though, which i guess almost happened in the transition though i wasn't a huge fan of that software

Naomi WHAT!?

Naomi WHAT!?

Ichorous Earth

• Members
  • 21,838 posts
I think all he did back then as assign more memory to it, but I may be wrong. To be honest, I wouldn't be crying myself to sleep if we started completely afresh, I'm sure having this huge database full of content can't be doing the site any favours. The main problem I have is that it's got all these flashy features that just don't work properly. I don't mind having to go to a new page to add a reply if it means it's gonna work better. The actual text editor is really overloaded as well with loads of features that probably don't get used that often as well, it looks like a hacked version of TinyMCE which we use at work and is buggy enough as is.

I think migrating the content from one board to another probably is a bit of a headache, and as we've seen there have been some casualties from the last update with some accounts being removed (notably, Wormme getting changed to Guest_Wormme). I dunno much about installing new boards but I can't imagine it's that difficult if you're starting with fresh content.

fatty_mc_fatso.jpg

car uncle

car uncle

• Members
  • 12,003 posts
yeah how aboout a poll 4 starting frsh!? anybody who isnt a prick wouldnt care :-------------( its not like the search function even works anyway, kill old mt! new better mt! i mean that temp board was simple and cool

330s8l3.pngou9s82.pngwlsy21.png

car uncle

car uncle

• Members
  • 12,003 posts
a couple of days, when people were actually making more than 20 posts a days each, it got slow and didnt work me so i logged off cus the board can no longer handle anything more than DEAD status : \

car uncle

car uncle

• Members
  • 12,003 posts
screw u apethetic assholes!!! i board HARD and long and u may not have problems but for us people who wanna board like old times, yes, there r plenty o problems

car uncle

car uncle

• Members
  • 12,003 posts
who uses firefox anymore!? do u not update it cus new versions suk

car uncle

car uncle

• Members