Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

There are some songs that just take you away...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ClickItBaby

ClickItBaby

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
I don't know if it's just me or just their music but whenever I listen to certain songs by Radiohead it just takes me away..I close my eyes and I'm sent to beautiful & mysterious places...
here are a few examples...

Tree Fingers - An eerie forest completely empty..it's raining and lights are in the trees...dark grey skies above me..

Subterranean Homesick Alien - Deep inside the ocean almost at the bottom ..an under water city like Rapture (Bioshock) .similar to the Atlantis..in front of me..waiting to be explored..

Indian Rubber - The music feels like space and Thom's voice is the spaceship that takes me there..

Does their music do this to you guys? Does it take you to a specific place when you listen to it?

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,197 posts
  • LocationTennessee
in a word, no. I never feel like I'm transported to another place during a song.

however, certain songs do make me think of certain places.
SHA=outer space.
Bloom and Arpeggi=the ocean.
Pulk/Pull=being on a train.
Treefingers=a forest, though not quite in the detail you describe.
Codex=a beach at sunset (probably because I actually listened to it there once, and it was surreal)
Scatterbrain=a crisp fall day

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

subterranean homesick sam

subterranean homesick sam

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, England

in a word, no. I never feel like I'm transported to another place during a song.

however, certain songs do make me think of certain places.
SHA=outer space.
Bloom and Arpeggi=the ocean.
Pulk/Pull=being on a train.
Treefingers=a forest, though not quite in the detail you describe.
Codex=a beach at sunset (probably because I actually listened to it there once, and it was surreal)
Scatterbrain=a crisp fall day

'Standing in the shadows at the end of my bed'

Natamity

Natamity

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
A lot of their songs remind me of the ocean and scenes will come into my head of beautiful underwater places. This is helped along by some of Thom's lyrical references to the ocean.