Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is there anyone in your family or one of your friend(s) that hate/love Radiohead..

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

ClickItBaby

ClickItBaby

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
My sister absolutely hates them whenever I play them loud in the morning while getting ready for work..she says it's "crazy drug music" and doesn't make any sense..(I think she just says that to piss me off because she knows I'll defend their music to the end. lol) My father on the other hand actually likes them alot and says their music reminds him of Joy Division (a group he used to always listen to as a teen) he also likes the fact that they experiment so much and have many different sounds. He doesn't like their name though. :/ Two days ago he asked if I could put their music on his ipod..So I put everything from The Bends to In Rainbows. Do any of your family members/ friends hate/love the group and how do you feel about it?

Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
A lot of my friends hate them but I don't really care because its kinda justified given the stuff they listen to. I introduced a couple of friends inadvertently to them (they walked in on me listening and were interested). My dad likes them, mom doesn't like most western music in general lol. My younger brother's only heard Talk Show Host (from romeo+juliet), No Surprises (House) and Nice Dream (HIMYM, surprisingly) and thought they were nice but didn't want to go further into the band. I don't try to change any of their tastes either though. You seem pretty affected by people hating them, but I can't understand why you find the need to 'defend' them. Different people like different things, the harder you try to convince someone to like something they don't, the less they'll like it

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,197 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Two days ago he asked if I could put their music on his ipod..So I put everything from The Bends to In Rainbows.

a wise decision.

my husband hates them, but we've never really liked the same music, just one of those things.

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

ClickItBaby

ClickItBaby

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

a wise decision.

my husband hates them, but we've never really liked the same music, just one of those things.

:) That's not a bad thing though..Has there been any band/musician that he introduced to you and you ended up loving?

ClickItBaby

ClickItBaby

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

A lot of my friends hate them but I don't really care because its kinda justified given the stuff they listen to. I introduced a couple of friends inadvertently to them (they walked in on me listening and were interested). My dad likes them, mom doesn't like most western music in general lol. My younger brother's only heard Talk Show Host (from romeo+juliet), No Surprises (House) and Nice Dream (HIMYM, surprisingly) and thought they were nice but didn't want to go further into the band. I don't try to change any of their tastes either though. You seem pretty affected by people hating them, but I can't understand why you find the need to 'defend' them. Different people like different things, the harder you try to convince someone to like something they don't, the less they'll like it

That's true lol..Some people just don't give them a chance and it's not fair because they don't know if they'd like em or not but hey that's their loss not mine.

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,197 posts
  • LocationTennessee

:) That's not a bad thing though..Has there been any band/musician that he introduced to you and you ended up loving?

no, he listens to Linkin Park, Nelly, Def Leppard, etc. I've listened to his music but I just can't really get into it.

Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

That's true lol..Some people just don't give them a chance and it's not fair because they don't know if they'd like em or not but hey that's their loss not mine.

Exactly

ClickItBaby

ClickItBaby

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

no, he listens to Linkin Park, Nelly, Def Leppard, etc. I've listened to his music but I just can't really get into it.

I don't blame you lol...You must really love him to even try listening to that stuff. lol

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,197 posts
  • LocationTennessee
well Linkin Park has two songs that I actually like, same with Def Leppard.

The only band we both like is the Beatles, although I'm way more into them then he is.

ClickItBaby

ClickItBaby

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

well Linkin Park has two songs that I actually like, same with Def Leppard.

The only band we both like is the Beatles, although I'm way more into them then he is.

I can relate on that..me and her both like the Beatles/Beach Boys..her because it reminds her of me ..even her ringtone whenever I call is "all my loving" lol..It's hard for a person not to like the Beatles they are just too charming.

rose

rose

I wanna make a supersonic woman of you!

• Members
  • 12,346 posts
Most people around my age I hang out with at least like "classic radiohead" but most ppl haven't paid attention to more recent albums tho there are a few who still got excited about tkol. Not sure what my parents think of em can't recall ever hearing someone say they hate them but a few ppl have said they find them boring but that's different like one of my roommates actually used to put on ok computer only when he needed to sleep

i5m1_zps4ef73f6c.jpg

Guero

Guero

Talk Show Host

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • LocationEngland
My best friend hates them. He thinks OK Computer is average and massively over rated, Kid A/Amnesiac are boring moody shit, and finds both In Rainbows/Tkol to be straight up terrible.

Likes Pablo Honey, The Bends, and HTTT though...

My mum also thinks Thom looks like a hobo.

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,197 posts
  • LocationTennessee

one of my roommates actually used to put on ok computer only when he needed to sleep

lol can't imagine choosing OKC as sleep music, but hey whatever works.

party woo

party woo

Gagging Order!

• Members
  • 2,308 posts
the only person i know who likes rh is my brother-in-law's baby momma and she's a huge fan but they broke up and she left and i don't get to see her anymore. i thought for a while we would have the coolest family ever but it wasn't meant to be.

DK2123

DK2123

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I have a number of friends who love them just about as much as I do, (perhaps I love them a little more lol). My parents have heard of them, but aren't really familiar with them. My dad heard Exit Music and liked it, but thought it was sort of depressing haha, but he did like it, so I can't complain. I can't really think of anyone I know who flat out hates them, but I do have friends that didn't care for them and then I got them into Radiohead. I do love this band dearly (I mean duh) and if someone I know wants to get into them, I am more than glad to help them out. However, I can't force someone to like something that I like and also, let's be honest, if everyone liked the same thing, the world would be kind of boring.

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,197 posts
  • LocationTennessee
not to mention concert tickets would be even harder to get then they already are.

Girl In Rainbows

Girl In Rainbows

climbing up jonny's wall

• Members
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationJonny's Bedroom
My dad hated Radiohead until TKOL came out, he enjoyed that album. He makes the typical "Radiohead are depressing" comments. My mum really like Karma Police and some of In Rainbows. She also loves Thom Yorke :D My sister kinda likes the popular hits, usually the catchier ones like 15 step and Idioteque. She's still young - maybe she'll grow more into them as time passes. I have some friends who think Radiohead are alright, but majority of them find them "boring."

Billy Two

Billy Two

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
My family were all fans about 10 years before I was.

thedevilsway

thedevilsway

pablothewizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationEngland
I once managed to twist a work colleague's arm to go and see Radiohead in 2003 (Nottingham Arena), and he was suitably impressed. Ever since then he has liked them but is by no means a "fan" as it were. Apart from him I honestly can't think of anyone I know who likes them, in fact the musical tastes of my family, collegues and acquantances is generally so shallow that most of them haven't even HEARD of Radiohead. Staggering but true.
My partner tolerates my obsession but doesn't "get" their music at all either (she has seen them three times, bless her), despite my repeated attempts over a long period of time to show her the light...

rose

rose

I wanna make a supersonic woman of you!

• Members
  • 12,346 posts

lol can't imagine choosing OKC as sleep music, but hey whatever works.

tbh I used to take kid a naps a decent amount but yeah okc is upbeat enough for me not to be able to sleep

i5m1_zps4ef73f6c.jpg