Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Five years ago, there or thereabouts...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Simon

Simon

Talk Show Host

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationIreland
you were probably listening to In Rainbows.

I used to skip school in the mornings and sit on the rainy cathedral steps and listen to it on my headphones, wrapped up in it's warmth amidst all the desolation.

IN MY OPINION, MAYBE the best album of all time.

Perhaps.

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,196 posts
  • LocationTennessee
It's a great one, no doubt about it.

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

Simon

Simon

Talk Show Host

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationIreland
yeah, I remember joining this board just after it came out and it was very busy in those days, I used to be glued to the screen, it was amazing finding other like minded individuals, all in raptures over this one little thing.

seems pretty quiet now, obviously TKOL hasn't connected in the same way.

Master Shortpants

Master Shortpants

cooking relish in an oven

• Members
  • 3,517 posts
  • Locationplacing mustard in the freezer
Idk, it was very busy here most of last year and this year during the American tour. Keep in mind we're nearly two years removed from tkol

:10: http://greenplastic....-30772.jpg?_r=0 :10:

:ed:

sleepy jack

sleepy jack

cracked polystyrene

• Members
  • 12,381 posts
  • Locationlast exit
rainbowers. LOL.

Naomi WHAT!?

Naomi WHAT!?

Ichorous Earth

• Members
  • 21,836 posts
In Rainbows is pure <3

fatty_mc_fatso.jpg

aiyish

aiyish

SCATTERPENIS

• Members
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
My ex-girlfriend was mad at me because I miss our date due waiting for the mp3 files to be up online. I still remember those MT LP7 album and how everyone was convince that the album was going to be called "Nightmare Splash". Remember when Nigel posted those bits of the songs.?
Admin of Radiohead Malaysia

Girl In Rainbows

Girl In Rainbows

climbing up jonny's wall

• Members
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationJonny's Bedroom
In Rainbows was incredible, I became a fan of Radiohead right after it was released. The first songs I listened to were 15 step and House of Cards. These were the songs that made me fall in love with these guys.

Simon

Simon

Talk Show Host

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationIreland
don't get me wrong, i love TKOL, its just not a very emotionally engaging album, more like a beautifully cold sculpture I think. While IR has a warmth to it.

mugsy

mugsy

The Concept - TFC

• Members
  • 1,805 posts
what made it even more exciting!! was that it was packaged up as a double disc for the boxset, the bonus disc idea was uber cool!! uber rocking!! but that album In Rainbows was something special. One out of the bag, out of a hat.
Posted ImagePosted Image

mugsy

mugsy

The Concept - TFC

• Members
  • 1,805 posts

don't get me wrong, i love TKOL, its just not a very emotionally engaging album, more like a beautifully cold sculpture I think. While IR has a warmth to it.

The King of Limbs reminds me of green and nature, very ambient, even the front cover had a lot of geenery in the painting.

In Rainbows was very colourful and diverse but i suppose was obviously more live full band sounding.

I think KOL was meant to be something a bit different. light and movement, krautrock, but still dark. i'm thinking up images of headphones and Kid A bears.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Kid Zed

Kid Zed

not feeling clever or witty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • LocationVenice, CA
IR got me back into Radiohead fanboydom, I was immediately sucked in by 15 Step and Bangers and Mash, and later Reckoner.

I love TKOL as much, but for different reasons. It didn't grab me quite as much right out of the gate (except for Give up the Ghost, which I'd seen live before the album was released), but it's improving much like a big wine gets better as it sits in your glass.
The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.

Simon

Simon

Talk Show Host

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationIreland

The King of Limbs reminds me of green and nature, very ambient, even the front cover had a lot of geenery in the painting.

In Rainbows was very colourful and diverse but i suppose was obviously more live full band sounding.

I think KOL was meant to be something a bit different. light and movement, krautrock, but still dark. i'm thinking up images of headphones and Kid A bears.

yeah I agree.

TKOL has that 'woodsy', earthy feel and even the electronic elements are very organic sounding, unlike say 'Idioteque', in which is purposefully mechanical and jarring.

Texture, ambience and rhythm take precedence whilst IR was all about the SONG

Chips

Chips

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

My ex-girlfriend was mad at me because I miss our date due waiting for the mp3 files to be up online. I still remember those MT LP7 album and how everyone was convince that the album was going to be called "Nightmare Splash". Remember when Nigel posted those bits of the songs.?

I remember listening to those little clips and being so damn excited! Good times eh the In Rainbows days
Immerse your soul in love

Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter

Creep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
nice to see the IR love.
"Humor is an almost physiological response to fear."

imotbhsulkliveplz

imotbhsulkliveplz

The Tourist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
fuck can't believe that was over 5 years ago
I think you're crazy, maybe.

Ed O'Brien

Ed O'Brien

Subterranean Homesick Alien

• Members
  • 3,264 posts
I remember lurking this forum a few years after it was released, and it wasn't fully accepted as the bliss it now is apparantly

not dark enough or other silly complaints like that, the latest album always gets the most jabs

rose

rose

I wanna make a supersonic woman of you!

• Members
  • 12,346 posts
Ha I liked it alright to begin with and later got tired of it or somethin

i5m1_zps4ef73f6c.jpg

Girl In Rainbows

Girl In Rainbows

climbing up jonny's wall

• Members
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationJonny's Bedroom

not dark enough or other silly complaints like that, the latest album always gets the most jabs

soo true

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,196 posts
  • LocationTennessee
was listening to All I Need the other day. man that is one amazing song, the part where the piano comes in...wow.

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif