Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Project: Present Tense (full-band) - based off RHs soundchecks and TKOL

present tense full band pawel osmolski remix radiohead remix latitude festival norwegian wood unreleased acoustic present tense pawel osmolski devilhood ateaseweb

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

devilhood

devilhood

break a bassoon

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationThe forest of swaying fungi

Hey guys,

Some of you may have already been following my progress on ateaseweb over the past two weeks, with the remixing of Radiohead's Present Tense. Inspiration is heavily drawn from In Rainbows/The King of Limbs, and I also listened very closely to the soundchecks to try and bring across a similar feel for the outro.

Similarly to what I did previously with Follow Me Around, Big Boots and Videotape, I built up a full-band effect around an acoustic performance.
I did not want it to simply be a recreation based off their live arrangements (which are already quite difficult to pick up on the finer details), so I've experimented with the rhythm and ambience.

I was always very fond of Thom's acoustic version played at Latitude Festival 2009-07-19, along with Jonny's version from Norwegian Wood.
Thank you to the extremely clean taping by Nanakey, I decided to use the Latitude recording for the basis of a remix track.
Thank you to Lana Chircop for helping me put the remix page together, and for letting me use her awesome acrylic painting as the cover art.

Radiohead Remixes:
http://www.pawel-osm...iohead-remixes/

Cover art
http://pawel-osmolsk...resenttense.jpg

If you would like to show your thanks for the remixes, please spare a moment and listen to my latest EP "Arms of Persephone" on bandcamp. It's only £3 and it would make an unemployed musician very happy ^_^

Arms of Persephone
http://pawel-osmolsk...s-of-persephone

I'll be uploading an alternative version of the Present Tense remix, as it has been requested to include the extra "In you I'm lost" which is missing from the bridge on the Latitude performance.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Pawel Osmolski - music portfolio

SoundCloud - all sorts

Bandcamp - digital releases

Swarley

Swarley

Kid A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationGermany
Good job :)

devilhood

devilhood

break a bassoon

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Good job :)

Thank you! :D

SoundCloud - all sorts

nudist

nudist

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
Incredible! They have no excuse not to arrange it now!

backwoods_trout

backwoods_trout

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
nice job, only thing I have a problem with is all the echoy reverb on the lattitude recording, I wish that could be blended in with the instrumentation more. But great job with the synths and all that, impressive.

IN PORTRAIT

IN PORTRAIT

*Aisfle*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationArgentina
YOU MADE IT ONCE AGAIN! Excellent, mate! VERY NICE!
I'm the one pushing you to make the Up on the Ladder electric version, remember me?
Cheers and keep on!

PS: the band should listen to this!

www.soundcloud.com/in-portrait

box

box

Its Ovah. Its Ovah.

• Members
  • 20,695 posts
  • LocationSex in the Halls, Niagara Falls
Wow dude, amazing work on this and the others.

j6w3.jpg

little row boat

little row boat

something about cherries

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
great job

Posted Image

Desired Constellation 6

Desired Constellation 6

Disappearing into Darkness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Top stuff. You should definitely do songs like: How I made My Millions and Lift.

This is really good :) My fave is Videotape, this is exactly how I wish Radiohead's actual studio version sounded.

73abd8acf6ecbd73e3793b594dc622a0_width_6

devilhood

devilhood

break a bassoon

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Thanks for the comments, and to all those who have checked out my EP :)

Not entirely sure what I'll work on next, but I'm tempted to do a cover of Open The Floodgates, or something a bit more obscure like I Froze Up.

SoundCloud - all sorts

backwoods_trout

backwoods_trout

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Thanks for the comments, and to all those who have checked out my EP :)

Not entirely sure what I'll work on next, but I'm tempted to do a cover of Open The Floodgates, or something a bit more obscure like I Froze Up.

I love open the floodgates, but all the recordings of it are crap aren't they?

babydoctor

babydoctor

dragon wizard dracogenius

• Members
  • 15,221 posts

love this. glad you're still around and kicking. your big boots and follow me around were legendary.

El_Skeletto

El_Skeletto

new alias

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

This is the first time I stumbled upon your remixes. Present Tense is absolutely amazing. :) I'll check out the others ones now.

Posted Image

[...] und doch erfuellte ihn ringsherum eine unbestimmte Furcht, deren Stoesse seine Augen truebten. - Franz Kafka (in questionable spelling)

Bat Thom

Bat Thom

Oh noes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationTerra
This made my day man.

devilhood

devilhood

break a bassoon

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

This made my day man.

Glad to hear it!  :)

@backwoods_trout there is a pretty good source out there, can't remember where I got it from though. I'll try to hunt it down again.

SoundCloud - all sorts

biggie p

biggie p

uh huh huh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,182 posts

great stuff as usual, thanks!

thing i'd like to hear most is a MPIE-like version of Big Boots. as fun as the Bends-era version is, you can tell they had something way better and i'm surprised no one has really tried to stitch a full version together or cover it

biggie p

biggie p

uh huh huh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,182 posts

also, my personal favorite thing about that Videotape mix is that it allows for a "studio recorded" version of MT LP7, which is pretty fun to listen to even now, though i guess "Reckoner" is different than what we originally thought it would be

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: present tense full band, pawel osmolski remix, radiohead remix, latitude festival, norwegian wood, unreleased acoustic, present tense, pawel osmolski, devilhood, ateaseweb