Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Has there ever been a Radiohead song that made you cry...

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

ClickItBaby

ClickItBaby

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

It could be because the beauty of it or because it was playing at a certain emotion moment of that day/night. If so, which song and why?(If you're a macho man and say something stupid like you don't cry then don't even reply to this thread and gtfo.)

remedy malahide

remedy malahide

ashtray wasp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

i lik ehow nobody has replied to this thread

melatonin makes me cry everytime

DK2123

DK2123

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Oh yeah, quite a few songs actually, albeit it can depend on my mood (if that makes sense).

But I certainly have cried to No Surprises, Karma Police (specifcally the For a Minute...I lost myself part), Gagging Order, Exit Music, Lucky, Let Down, Go Slowly, How Can You Be Sure?, True Love Waits, the acoustic version of Subterranean Homesick Alien & (Nice Dream) and probably some others.  At some point, all these songs have elicited tears.  Maybe I am just overly sensitive haha.

ClickItBaby

ClickItBaby

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

i lik ehow nobody has replied to this thread

melatonin makes me cry everytime

Many people don't like to admit that they/they've cried but their music is that powerful to me.

Jocelyn

Jocelyn

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

No Surprises, Motion Picture Soundtrack, Karma Police, and HTDC come immediately to mind, but I know there are a lot more...

ClickItBaby

ClickItBaby

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

No Surprises, Motion Picture Soundtrack, Karma Police, and HTDC come immediately to mind, but I know there are a lot more...

Thom's voice can be so touching it would be a surprise if someone doesn't get emotional by his angelic vocals.

Hansy

Hansy

Better keep moving

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Actually, Cymbal Rush. I know, I know.

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,374 posts
  • LocationTennessee

cymbal rush is a great song.

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

Ghost Pirate Robot

Ghost Pirate Robot

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Although this is perhaps the third time I have seen a thread like this.... How to Disappear completely and Life in a glass house. And Ara batur by sigur ros. These are the only songs that have taken me there.

CloudCuckooMan

CloudCuckooMan

ass full of feathers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

It's funny to see this thread because just today I actually came close in the car while listening to a live version of Pyramid Song. I think from Bonnaroo. But I must admit I've never actually let any tears loose. maybe i'm not in touch with my inner...ness.

Kid Zed

Kid Zed

not feeling clever or witty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • LocationVenice, CA

Pyramid Song, for sure.  Lucky doesn't make me cry, it makes me make towering hand gestures and air punch.

The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.

Natamity

Natamity

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Unexpectingly 'Reckoner' made the tears start falling while I was travelling on a public bus. It's not one of my favourite songs and does not mean anything in particular to me, but it conjured up some deep emotion for me that day and was like a release. It has affected me a few times since then also, but not to that degree. Pure emotion that song.

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,374 posts
  • LocationTennessee

has anyone else ever teared up at the "round and round and round and round and round.." part in Morning Bell?  I did once. can't remember what was happening that day.

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

CloudCuckooMan

CloudCuckooMan

ass full of feathers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

pop is dead gets me every time

Littlebylittle

Littlebylittle

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

I can remember  Let Down making me cry on loads of occasions.. and when i heard Give Up The Ghost for the first time live at a gig.. it moved me so much it brought me to tears..

HailToTheBeef

HailToTheBeef

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNorth England

The Tourist (how has no one already said that) and No Surprises.

catsup

catsup

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Some of the live versions of "open the floodgates" has brrought a tear to the ol eye socket. The way he delivers the "hold on" part. uhh.

mnkcarp

mnkcarp

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationSconnie

Let Down, True Love Waits, Street Spirit, Nude (especially the from the basement version, you know the part), Reckoner, Bulletproof, Fake Plastic Trees.  Even High and Dry has gotten me.  

Some of those just get me to the point, I don't actually start wailing.  A song that can do that to me is instantly a favorite of mine.  I'm never more engaged in a song as when that happens.  I've heard people say they don't like "sad songs" but if they are good and take you there, I love them. 

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying." ~Woody Allen

chroma

chroma

rabid cultist

• Super Moderators
  • 33,025 posts
  • Locationwhere i am

how to disappear

sigline6.jpg

six colored pictures all in a row of a marigold

The_(Greek)_tourist

The_(Greek)_tourist

Kid A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationNafpaktos, Greece

Pyramid song, Reckoner, Let down, Codex, HTDC, True love waits and so many more...

tumblr_l7bisa9BTo1qzcik8o1_500_zps1ae8a8