Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

If you had the opportunity to ask something (anything) to any of Radiohead's band members, what would that be?

Just questions

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

IN PORTRAIT

IN PORTRAIT

*Aisfle*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Example:

Thom: Why was Videotape's early version left out from In Rainbows?

www.soundcloud.com/in-portrait

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,479 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Jonny: wanna have sex?

j/k I would ask Phil how much of a role he has in regards to songwriting. I think I read somewhere that he came up with parts of Airbag,but other than that I don't know.

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

Hansy

Hansy

Better keep moving

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Ed: wanna have sex?

Now that's about right. :P

I would ask how did they create Bloom.

IN PORTRAIT

IN PORTRAIT

*Aisfle*

• Members
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Nigel: In Rainbows songs evolved/changed a lot from live to the final studio versions (videotape, 4 minute warning, go slowly, etc), what was the main idea or theme you decided to follow for the album production (that made those songs change for the album)?

IN PORTRAIT

IN PORTRAIT

*Aisfle*

• Members
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Thom: What do you think about releasing an album with outtakes or/and rarities with RH?

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,479 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Thom: What do you think about releasing an album with outtakes or/and rarities with RH?

I really,really wish they would do this.

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

box

box

Its Ovah. Its Ovah.

• Members
  • 23,145 posts
  • LocationSex in the Halls, Niagara Falls

Ed: How often do you sleep with fans?

j6w3.jpg

Master Shortpants

Master Shortpants

cooking relish in an oven

• Members
  • 3,595 posts
  • Locationplacing mustard in the freezer
:lol:

:/

Thom: do you really think that ponytail looks good?

:10: http://greenplastic....-30772.jpg?_r=0 :10:

:ed:

mnkcarp

mnkcarp

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationSconnie

Anyone in the band with pull:  Can I please please please be in the room for the next "From the Basement" session?

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying." ~Woody Allen

remedy malahide

remedy malahide

ashtray wasp

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

i would treat them like ice cream men

and ask for them to dip this sheet of tabs already

bedroomghost

bedroomghost

Creep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Thom: How come you didn't wait until 'Staircase' , 'Supercollider', and 'The Daily Mail' was recorded before you released TKOL?

bedroomghost

bedroomghost

Creep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

I don't think Thom or Radiohead will ever agree to an album worth of outtakes.  Rarities, maybe but not outtakes.  He said so in some interview I forget which one that outtakes should stay where they are and not see the light of day. 

It's a shame because RH could just strum a few line of notes and it already sounds awesome.   The warm-up guitar jam they do are some of the best.    I adore that version of LIAGH in MPIE.   We need that version badly. It's so jazzy and very OKC'esque.  A product of its era but not so far off if it were released on IR since IR is also a very jazzy album. 

remedy malahide

remedy malahide

ashtray wasp

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

I adore that version of LIAGH in MPIE.   We need that version badly.

remedy malahide

remedy malahide

ashtray wasp

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

remedy malahide

remedy malahide

ashtray wasp

• Members
  • 4,184 posts
the acoustic one too

party woo

party woo

Gagging Order!

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Thom: Which character in The Wind In The Willows do you most identify with?

Colin: Same question please.

Jonny: If you were doing a Radiohead show and you were allowed to choose the songs with no regard for fan or band preference, which songs would you play? What is your perfect setlist?

Thom: Street Spirit is a scary yet beautiful song with truly disturbing imagery, but the last line is "Immerse your soul in love." Please discuss.

biggie p

biggie p

uh huh huh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,626 posts

Example:

Thom: Why was Videotape's early version left out from In Rainbows?

he's answered this - it's because they didn't think it fit with that version

biggie p

biggie p

uh huh huh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,626 posts

Thom: Street Spirit is a scary yet beautiful song with truly disturbing imagery, but the last line is "Immerse your soul in love." Please discuss.

“‘Street Spirit’ is our purest song, but I didn’t write it…. It wrote itself. We were just its messengers… Its biological catylysts. It’s core is a complete mystery to me… and (pause) you know, I wouldn’t ever try to write something that hopeless… All of our saddest songs have somewhere in them at least a glimmer of resolve… ‘Street Spirit’ has no resolve… It is the dark tunnel without the light at the end. It represents all tragic emotion that is so hurtful that the sound of that melody is its only definition. We all have a way of dealing with that song… It’s called detachment… Especially me.. I detach my emotional radar from that song, or I couldn’t play it… I’d crack. I’d break down on stage.. that’s why its lyrics are just a bunch of mini-stories or visual images as opposed to a cohesive explanation of its meaning… I used images set to the music that I thought would convey the emotional entirety of the lyric and music working together… That’s what’s meant by ‘all these things are one to swallow whole’.. I meant the emotional entirety, because I didn’t have it in me to articulate the emotion… (pause) I’d crack…. Our fans are braver than I to let that song penetrate them, or maybe they don’t realize what they’re listening to.. They don’t realize that ‘Street Spirit’ is about staring the fucking devil right in the eyes… and knowing, no matter what the hell you do, he’ll get the last laugh…and it’s real…and true. The devil really will get the last laugh in all cases without exception, and if I let myself think about that to long, I’d crack. I can’t believe we have fans that can deal emotionally with that song… That’s why I’m convinced that they don’t know what it’s about. It’s why we play it towards the end of our sets. It drains me, and it shakes me, and hurts like hell everytime I play it, looking out at thousands of people cheering and smiling, oblivious to the tragedy of it’s meaning, like when you’re going to have your dog put down and it’s wagging it’s tail on the way there. That’s what they all look like, and it breaks my heart.”

“I wish that song hadn’t picked us as its catalysts, and so I don’t claim it. It asks too much. (very long pause). I didn’t write that song.”

tonymatt13

tonymatt13

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNYC

that street spirit quote has always bothered me, its one of the most pretentious quotes i've ever heard. and i do hate when ppl label radiohead as pretentious or pompous but c'mon thom, take it down a notch. "it wrote itself. we were just its messengers" really?

party woo

party woo

Gagging Order!

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

I have heard that quote too and that's why I wonder about this song. And I have never seen that quote source even though it is all over the internet. Where did it come from? It still doesn't explain why after cracked egg dead birds and death's beady eyes, he ends with "immerse your soul in love." Should we immerse our souls in love to try to save us from the evil? Is it sarcasm? We immerse our souls in love but we are doomed anyway? Of all Radiohead's songs this one is the most mysterious.