Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New AFP - Judge, Jury & Executioner

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

payinattention225

payinattention225

The Tourist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationWyomissing

Debuted on BBC1:

my thoughts:

-much more interesting video than Default!

-sounds much more like Radiohead than Default, or Atoms for Peace in general (with the exception of Flea's bass)

-the choral part reminds me of the end of Lotus Flower - the note Thom hits @2:01 is the same as one in it

I love it!

Posted Image

aiyish

aiyish

SCATTERPENIS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

This song belong in a Radiohead album!

Admin of Radiohead Malaysia

IN PORTRAIT

IN PORTRAIT

*Aisfle*

• Members
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationArgentina

yes i think the same

www.soundcloud.com/in-portrait

Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

the acoustic guitar bits are my favourite, and yeah I agree, much more Radiohead-like than the others

backwoods_trout

backwoods_trout

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

So what just because they throw in an acoustic it sounds like radiohead?

I like it, though I kind of miss all the instrumentation the live version had.

IN PORTRAIT

IN PORTRAIT

*Aisfle*

• Members
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationArgentina

no, it's not just because of the guitar thing ... the question is, if Thom has a side project and he does the exact same thing as with Radiohead, then why is he doing it? you can give me tons of reasons, and they'll all be ok, but it will always be weird... but i'm glad that until now, this song is the only one that sounds VERY Radiohead-ish, the rest are different (more "electronic" if you want), even though it's still RH's singer (it's difficult to separate both bands). In a way RHish songs are a lot more safer with AFP, but i believe that's not what he wants to do with this side project, 'cause normally you make a side project when you want to do something different from your actual band.

I still like this song, don't get me wrong!

www.soundcloud.com/in-portrait

Swarley

Swarley

Kid A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGermany
I believe Thom wrote this song on the road with AFP and that the other band members contributed significantly. That might be the reason why JJ&E didn't end up on a RH record.
Nevertheless he and Nigel did some work on it in the studio as the live version sounded even more like RH.

ToxicBadger

ToxicBadger

Well I'm a tumbler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

The song's great, a real grower (like Default). I'm definitely psyched for the album now.

bjork_and_cat_dancing.gif                       

Redchapel - Thornbank

pokemon

pokemon

Kid A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted Image

catsup

catsup

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

He wrote the lyrics around the IR era. I remember reading a Thom/Ed interview where he was talking about how he was going to delete the "voices down echo chambers" line, but Jonny told him to keep it.

cartwheels

cartwheels

I've done everything, butt sex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

there was some  interview posted in the amok thread where thom claimed he forgot that he had previously used the title judge jury executioner as myxomatosis' secondary title. you buy it?

Starfish-Linkiia-Blue-1.jpg such sounds

catsup

catsup

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

there was some  interview posted in the amok thread where thom claimed he forgot that he had previously used the title judge jury executioner as myxomatosis' secondary title. you buy it?

Are you calling Thom a liar!?

naa.. you're right it's a bit strange that he would somehow forget that. considering how much they play myxomatosis live.

but then.. i see how it's possible when you've written as many songs as Yorkey has.

remedy malahide

remedy malahide

ashtray wasp

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

not like its a lyric or even written on setlists and he sees it everyday tho

remedy malahide

remedy malahide

ashtray wasp

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

forgetting would easily answer the question why it was used twice

yes, he may have known and jus found that forgetful excuse more convenient than having to explain himself recycling common phrase