Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I haven't heards any of the new post-TKOL songs yet. What versions should I choose?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Green&Lonely

Green&Lonely

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Have been off the Radiohead bandwagon and now suddenly I discover that there's a bunch of new songs! I want to experience them in the best fashion possible, so what are considered the ultimate versions to listen to? Are there any MP3s available or is it all youtube-links? Thanks!

Desired Constellation 6

Desired Constellation 6

Disappearing into Darkness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I hear there's a thing called the internet where you can download  things now and then put them on your musical device.

73abd8acf6ecbd73e3793b594dc622a0_width_6

Green&Lonely

Green&Lonely

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Thanks, that's incredibly helpful. But I want to listen to the best recordings of these songs, so I'm asking for advice. I know how to download songs.

-Pignoah-

-Pignoah-

Doctor Worm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,663 posts
Whats the last radiohead album you listened to?

Green&Lonely

Green&Lonely

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

TKOL, including The Butcher/Supercollider and Daily Mail/Staircase. Love all of it. But those are official releases. I find it harder to decide what versions to check out from the new stuff, so that's why I'm asking for advice. :bye:

babydoctor

babydoctor

dragon wizard dracogenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,644 posts

there's a thread in the live talk subforum for downloads that should still have a shit ton of shows from the tour, they're conveniently starred by recording quality, so basically whatever the show with the highest rating that has the song you're looking for. cut a hole only appears early on in the tour, identikit gets better the further into the tour you go. skirting on the surface was only played a few times so there's not much to pick from there either. not sure if you consider it new but both california shows have great amazing sounds of orgy recordings/performances. ful stop is only later in the tour. i can't remember what else they played that was new and i'm gonna feel like a noob if i forgot something.

Hippopothomas J

Hippopothomas J

Ichorous Earth

• Members
  • 22,246 posts

Much like I was with TKoL, I'm so outta the loop with new songs. With TKoL I'd heard Give Up The Ghost and thought it was great and Lotus Flower which I thought was shit. Turned out LF was the best on the album RoFL

I think I've heard those three songs but I can't remember them at all why am I posting?

fatty_mc_fatso.jpg

catsup

catsup

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

They also nailed the hell out of Treefingers. If that's your sorta thing.

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,479 posts
  • LocationTennessee

They also nailed the hell out of Treefingers. If that's your sorta thing.

:lol:

tumblr_n7hkyzTBwD1riagvfo1_400.gif

shellssmashed

shellssmashed

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Ummm the tour highlights were the new songs.

Cut a Hole from the first show in Miami 

Skirting on the Surface live in Dallas.

Identikit from almost any show. Check Coachella youtube for good quality video.

Supercollider got denser and better with time. Check Bonnaroo for best version (if there is a good quality vid there, not sure atm since they took down the official webcast video which was amazing)

Ful Stop was played intermittently but I still haven't connected with it. Some people here say it's great. I don't get it yet.

Old b-sides and rarities:

Amazing Sounds of Orgy from Austin City Limits

Treefingers as previously mentioned

Packt Like Sardines from Glendale, Arizona

Subterranean Homesick Alien on the night of Venus transit. I love that Radiohead are astronomy nerds.

Hunting Bears (as an addendum to The National Anthem)

Songs that 2 drummers made incredible:

The Gloaming (no video gives off the impression that this song made on me seeing it live in person but check it out anyways)

Feral

Little By Little

Bloom

15 Step

Airbag

Climbing Up The Walls

I Might Be Wrong

What else was great?

I got really emotional watching them open their first show post Toronto accident with Lucky

There There is a highlight any day of the week

These Are My Twisted Words was great but not changed much since Poland 2009.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff. It's been months since the tour ended. 2012 tour was incredible. My only complaint is that I wished they played a few more rarities and b-sides. They did a few on the first leg of the tour and I got excited that this would be the year they really dig back into the past but that turned out not to be the case. Nonetheless, amazing shows and setlists night after night. I'm so thankful I got to see my favourite band again.

CitizenInsaneRMX

CitizenInsaneRMX

Creep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

My only complaint is that I wished they played a few more rarities and b-sides. They did a few on the first leg of the tour and I got excited that this would be the year they really dig back into the past but that turned out not to be the case.

I really hope they'll play some more B-sides in future tours.

I wanna see live versions of Worrywort, Kinetic, Melatonin, India Rubber and Cuttooth.

It's such a beautiful day.

remedy malahide

remedy malahide

ashtray wasp

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

there's a thread in the live talk subforum for downloads that should still have a shit ton of shows from the tour, they're conveniently starred by recording quality, so basically whatever the show with the highest rating that has the song you're looking for. cut a hole only appears early on in the tour, identikit gets better the further into the tour you go. skirting on the surface was only played a few times so there's not much to pick from there either. not sure if you consider it new but both california shows have great amazing sounds of orgy recordings/performances. ful stop is only later in the tour. i can't remember what else they played that was new and i'm gonna feel like a noob if i forgot something.

http://www.mediafire...bkz7xnz3wizgvfa

party woo

party woo

Gagging Order!

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Identikit was great at the first couple of shows and I really like the one from my show in Tampa. But the most recent awesome version imo is from 2012-07-25 Taipei. Ful Stop I recommend 2012-10-14 Amsterdam.

mnkcarp

mnkcarp

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationSconnie

That was an awesome first post shellssmashed and very helpful - thanks and color me jealous of your live Radiohead experiences.

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying." ~Woody Allen

MarkGrace

MarkGrace

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Here are the best versions of each new song I've come across:

Skirting  

Cut A Hole  

Identikit  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sRWQ5BhYcE

Ful Stop  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tde3QObBlAo

MarkGrace

MarkGrace

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Not sure why the last two links didn't embed.  Guess you're just going to have to paste them in.

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,479 posts
  • LocationTennessee

That was an awesome first post shellssmashed and very helpful - thanks and color me jealous of your live Radiohead experiences.

you've never seen them?

mnkcarp

mnkcarp

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationSconnie

you've never seen them?

The sad truth looks even worse in print...

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying." ~Woody Allen

pokemon

pokemon

Kid A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted Image

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

Big Boots

• Members
  • 11,479 posts
  • LocationTennessee

The sad truth looks even worse in print...

hey I hadn't seen them until last year.  of course I hadn't been a fan that long before then.  I really hope someday you get to go, it was hands down the best concert I have ever been to.