Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pablo Honey turns 20

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

NewTwistedWords

NewTwistedWords

The Tourist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Though Pablo Honey is generally met with a lot of ambivalence around these parts, it's still a pretty significant milestone. It may not have played to their strengths, but there's no denying that without the success of Pablo Honey and Creep  we wouldn't have had some of the most intriguing band careers of the past two decades.

mnkcarp

mnkcarp

Wicked Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationSconnie

I wonder how many people who just loved Pablo Honey are still around as Radiohead fans?  I mean the people that bought it in 93 and gave the band enough support to let it do what it eventually did. 

I know I didn't follow REM to the end after jumping on hard at the beginning.  To me they'll always be Chronic Town - Green (and a smattering of later offerings).  I wonder if there are a lot of Pablo - The Bends people out there.

I suppose I'll give it another listen now, just to jar my brain after six or seven listen throughs of Amok, lol.

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying." ~Woody Allen

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

dancing for your pleasure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,398 posts
  • LocationTennessee

I know I didn't follow REM to the end after jumping on hard at the beginning.  To me they'll always be Chronic Town - Green (and a smattering of later offerings). 

me too.

ToxicBadger

ToxicBadger

Well I'm a tumbler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

I wonder if there are a lot of Pablo - The Bends people out there.

Believe me, there are plenty, especially here in the UK. Just look at the comments section on literally any NME article about Radiohead.

bjork_and_cat_dancing.gif                       

Redchapel - Thornbank

Lindermang

Lindermang

FREE TILL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

i was a fan since the bends but i had this english teacher who didn't like ok computer and beyond and it just weirded me the hell out!

as for REM I followed them since out of time and only jumped ship with around the sun and actually really liked kollaps into NOW!

20 years though...

reaching the point where a good number of radiohead fans weren't even alive then!

FREE TILL!
then make him do tricks!

rose

rose

I wanna make a supersonic woman of you!

• Members
  • 12,346 posts
I used to only know rem through automatic for the people but this forum helped me discover that even though one album was awful and the rest had a few sub par songs, ultimately rem still made a lot of really awesome music post-major label switch even some great songs up until the end

Conversely I also have no major problems with Pablo honey and definitely enjoy some songs while others I'd be happy never hearing again. The bends is really awesome but has a couple of those too

i5m1_zps4ef73f6c.jpg

Desired Constellation 6

Desired Constellation 6

Disappearing into Darkness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I love Lurgee. Everything about the song is fantastic. I still give it regular listens. The rest of the album is good and I'll give it a listen every so often for a change-up though that's all it will ever be as the rest of their catalog is miles above.

The Bends is one of my fave albums so yes, there are definitely still a few fans. Gotta love Bullet Proof. Fell in love as soon as I hear that song.

73abd8acf6ecbd73e3793b594dc622a0_width_6

Guero

Guero

Talk Show Host

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationEngland

Believe me, there are plenty, especially here in the UK. Just look at the comments section on literally any NME article about Radiohead.

Why on earth would you do that to yourself? NME is fucking terrible.

I agree though, the comments just boil down to 'Use loads of guitarssss agaiinnnnnnnn'

ToxicBadger

ToxicBadger

Well I'm a tumbler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

NME isn't great, but it's alright for music news.

bjork_and_cat_dancing.gif                       

Redchapel - Thornbank

Naomi HAT!?

Naomi HAT!?

Sonic is SONIC!

• Members
  • 20,614 posts

Pablo Honey's turned 20 and it still hasn't grown the fuck up

fatty_mc_fatso.jpg

Naomi HAT!?

Naomi HAT!?