Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Amazing Radiohead Song Lyrics

radiohead song lyrics

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

The Ventriloquist

The Ventriloquist

Ducks Dark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Are there any lyrics to any radiohead songs that you find amazing/fascinating?

Mine has to be "I am all the days that you choose to ignore" from 'All I Need'

Today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen

Fröken Keke

Fröken Keke

Ms. Magpie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationSweden.

Creep-radiohead-24330142-500-493.gif

tumblr_m7ccx9JS631qb2g73o1_500.jpg

tumblr_ma6fqbkjnI1ryv12ko1_500.jpg

creep-love-radiohead-song-text-Favim.com

tumblr_lfhu8wWwCf1qcrwvro1_500.png

creep-radiohead-text-Favim.com-347019.jp

453273741_eb2feea0f9.jpg

creep___radiohead_by_tavinhovid-d3air8s.

441697611_640.jpg

radiohead%20creep%20lyrics%20wallpaper.j

pDoBLkD.png

Fröken Keke

Fröken Keke

Ms. Magpie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationSweden.

I think I find the Kid A and Amnesiac ones personally offensive.

pDoBLkD.png

crazy_maybe

crazy_maybe

cold & gray

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,255 posts

PYRAMID SONG

periodically i stick a giant sewing needle into a swollen balloon with "EMOTIONS" written in comic sans on the side, and instead of a pop a disembodied voice shouts "OH MY GOD WHO FUCKING CARES"

crazy_maybe

crazy_maybe

cold & gray

• Members
  • 6,255 posts

h2d7.jpg

periodically i stick a giant sewing needle into a swollen balloon with "EMOTIONS" written in comic sans on the side, and instead of a pop a disembodied voice shouts "OH MY GOD WHO FUCKING CARES"

crazy_maybe

crazy_maybe

cold & gray

• Members
  • 6,255 posts

Also the long lost Motion Picture Soundtrack verse

bjof.jpg

Fröken Keke

Fröken Keke

Ms. Magpie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationSweden.

You're not taking the tacky lyric quotes on vague photographs thing seriously now, are you?

pDoBLkD.png

crazy_maybe

crazy_maybe

cold & gray

• Members
  • 6,255 posts

2h6n.jpg

crazy_maybe

crazy_maybe

cold & gray

• Members
  • 6,255 posts

Nah I'm done now, those three are just worthy of tacky low quality photoshop posts

Amoeba Räikkönen

Amoeba Räikkönen

amo farfalla

• Members
  • 3,766 posts
  • Location2

i listen more to the music than the words- thats why bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbeethoven never sang

10325_E21-Generic-717-2_717x160.jpg

Thom Greenwood

Thom Greenwood

Creep

• Junior Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPlanet Telex

"Standing in the shadows at the end of my bed"

The Ventriloquist

The Ventriloquist

Ducks Dark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

"Standing in the shadows at the end of my bed"

That quote always makes me scared. The whole "Ventriloquist" idea in Kid A scares the hell out of me.

Today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen

The_(Greek)_tourist

The_(Greek)_tourist

Vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNafpaktos, Greece

fee85257-1d7b-48d2-a310-fb9168df6fef_zps

sleepy jack

sleepy jack

cracked polystyrene

• Members
  • 16,076 posts
  • Locationlast exit

a topic like this sharpens the point that thom's lyrics, as good as they are, still reach their ultimate height in the context of being sung.

as an example, there is nothing special about the word 'relief,' but in the context of last flowers, when the song is playing on the radio, and you're driving to the hospice for one of your final visits with grandma, that's when it takes on its ultimate artistic beauty. and that's not even necessarily the context of the song. maybe it is. it's in the title. but the lyrics aren't as specific. someone's tripping out.

i don't fully reject the premise of the topic though. that line from SHA stands on its own pretty well. the aliens watching humans bit.

also that one from there there:

There’s always a siren
Singing you to shipwreck.

sleepy jack

sleepy jack

cracked polystyrene

• Members
  • 16,076 posts
  • Locationlast exit

i don't like when songs are self aware. although MIL and a reminder are great songs.

MIL is actually a great lyric except for that one verse.

in a reminder the lyric is more of a thought not perfectly expressed, a little clumsy but perfect in its own way. it works but. it's still a self aware song.

sleepy jack

sleepy jack

cracked polystyrene

• Members
  • 16,076 posts
  • Locationlast exit

i really like the word picture conjured up in polyethylene 1&2

as lyrics being sung it's perfect

and then there's the love it or hate it fitter happier.

i'm in the 'love it' camp.

crazy_maybe

crazy_maybe

cold & gray

• Members
  • 6,255 posts

a topic like this sharpens the point that thom's lyrics, as good as they are, still reach their ultimate height in the context of being sung.

as an example, there is nothing special about the word 'relief,' but in the context of last flowers, when the song is playing on the radio, and you're driving to the hospice for one of your final visits with grandma, that's when it takes on its ultimate artistic beauty.

Really well put. What come to my mind when I read this is definitely Last Flowers, but also Videotape and 4 Minute Warning. In particular those songs seem to be remarkably congruous, and I think that's what makes them resonate so much. I think The Tourist is another good example of that melodic complement of the lyrics themselves, and call me crazy, but I think Punchdrunk also falls into that category. That song has really grown on me lately...

sleepy jack

sleepy jack

cracked polystyrene

• Members
  • 16,076 posts
  • Locationlast exit

Really well put. What come to my mind when I read this is definitely Last Flowers, but also Videotape and 4 Minute Warning. In particular those songs seem to be remarkably congruous, and I think that's what makes them resonate so much. I think The Tourist is another good example of that melodic complement of the lyrics themselves, and call me crazy, but I think Punchdrunk also falls into that category. That song has really grown on me lately...

thankyyy.

those are some good choices. that's especially true about the tourist. nothing particularly special about 'slow down' but it definitely reaches a brilliant height in that song. info says jonny wrote that one.

4 minute warning has got to be one of their best. it's direct and to the point and i like that about it.  

Bluebelle

Bluebelle

dissolvable and tasteless

• Members
  • 14,203 posts
  • LocationTennessee

this is so true.

and I'm with you on fitter happier.

crazy_maybe

crazy_maybe

cold & gray

• Members
  • 6,255 posts

Yeah, 4 Minute Warning is great. I love that bit at the beginning, it reminds me of a ringing in your ears sort of feeling. Or realizing your fate is imminent, and reaching acceptance--like crossing over from chaos into utter peacefulness or something. 

I also think that HTDC is one of the most beautiful things they've ever done, stylistically and lyrically, it's just perfection. I would love to hear more songs like that, with the lovely string orchestration..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: radiohead, song, lyrics