Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MSG

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

snow

snow

wokester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,111 posts

i laughed when he dedicated planet telex (aka 'everything is broken') to the current political climate

Spoiler

cartwheels

cartwheels

I've done everything, butt sex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts
I'm curious if any of my encounters were with mt people. Did any of you: have light up shoes? Incessantly shout for scatterbrain to be played or interact with anyone who did? Talk go me after I got off the phone with my sister before you got into a cab after the show?

Starfish-Linkiia-Blue-1.jpg such sounds

sleepy jack

sleepy jack

cracked polystyrene

• Members
  • 16,394 posts
  • Locationlast exit

I'm curious if any of my encounters were with mt people. Did any of you: have light up shoes? Incessantly shout for scatterbrain to be played or interact with anyone who did? Talk go me after I got off the phone with my sister before you got into a cab after the show?

i was in section 120 wearing birkenstocks and socks. that was me!

awesome show. it was the hard rock show i've been waiting 13 years for. really happy they played telex and let down

TheTruth

TheTruth

toilet hands

• Members
  • 4,814 posts
  • LocationNeeeeeew York

yeah, planet telex and my iron lung had a lot of umph!

Posted Image

violetmav

violetmav

Amnesiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • LocationJersey Girl
It was my first live Radiohead show ever (since being a huge fan since 1993), and it was incredible! The AMSP tracks were great and sounded just like the studio cuts... You can tell a great band if they sound as good or better live as they do in studio, and Radiohead obviously fit this definition. Creep was an amazing way to close out the show... My favorites though were My Iron Lung which had me feeling like it was 1995 again... It was so amazing... And Weird Fishes which was a highlight because it's my favorite song by them. Pyramid Song almost brought me to tears, it was so gorgeous live... Karma Police was so good... The sing along gave me goosebumps!! Reckoner was terrific, too... I loved watching Ed playing drums on There, There... And I was lucky to not have anyone talking or being rude by me... The only issues I had were people smoking marijuana and some guy who kept walking in and out of the row because he had to either get beer or go to the bathroom... *rolls eyes* Overall though, I didn't want it to end... Hopefully they will tour again soon!

On another note... Dawn of Midi? Horrible... I told my husband it sounded like a migraine headache set to music... Just awful.

(a)

(a)

• Members
  • 3,893 posts

^ so nice you finally got to see them.  :)

223.gif

jediStick

jediStick

Daddy Cool

• Members
  • 14,798 posts

I loved the guy shouting for Scatterbrain because it got a great reaction from Thom.

what an incredible couple of nights. Karma Police singalong was magic. 11 songs on night 2 that weren't played night 1.

snow

snow

wokester

• Members
  • 8,111 posts
the end of karma police where the band practically stopped playing to watch us sing was so awesome
Spoiler

sleepy jack

sleepy jack

cracked polystyrene

• Members
  • 16,394 posts
  • Locationlast exit

both karma police and creep were incredible moments. i think they have come around to playing creep because it creates that moment of unified joy for the audience.  so yeah it is showbiz. but i think the band enjoys seeing that too. why wouldn't they?

snow

snow

wokester

• Members
  • 8,111 posts
I practically never find Radiohead fans irl outside of some of my friends in London, so it felt really surreal to be singing along so many freaking people.

also my voice was totally gone by the end
Spoiler

ivvrn

ivvrn

The Tourist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

i was in section 120 wearing birkenstocks and socks. that was me!

awesome show. it was the hard rock show i've been waiting 13 years for. really happy they played telex and let down

We were in 120 as well, row 18!

I wish I had a video of these two gals in front of us, enormously high but the best white people dance I've ever seen. Just full of energy and happiness and life and bouncing around all over their seats.

snow

snow

wokester

• Members
  • 8,111 posts

watching the videos on youtube is interesting.  like you would think from some of the videos he wasn't sounding that good, but he sounded incredible when i was actually there.  what gives? 

Spoiler

sleepy jack

sleepy jack

cracked polystyrene

• Members
  • 16,394 posts
  • Locationlast exit

We were in 120 as well, row 18!

I wish I had a video of these two gals in front of us, enormously high but the best white people dance I've ever seen. Just full of energy and happiness and life and bouncing around all over their seats.

hey oh! row 16!

there was a white girl a few seats to my left who was really grooving out to reckoner.  i don't think i saw the girls you're talking about though.

ivvrn

ivvrn

The Tourist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Entire 7/27 concert with taper audio and multiple angles, good shit.

https://www.youtube....ibEgYQ#t=26m34s I remember hearing this at the show, but that's definitely teasing There There and a little bit of Let Down prior to the opening of Iron Lung right?

sleepy jack

sleepy jack

cracked polystyrene

• Members
  • 16,394 posts
  • Locationlast exit

Thanks! I def hear let down but not so much TT.

sleepy jack

sleepy jack

cracked polystyrene

• Members
  • 16,394 posts
  • Locationlast exit
with youtube on autoplay it went to the MTV 1997 Japanese Documentary.

20 years ago but those old interviews and performances are still fun to watch.

apparently thom didn't think the videos were works of art as much as advertisements that cost 2-3 times as much as making the record. but jonny thinks they're good and likes the way they turned out.

sleepy jack

sleepy jack

cracked polystyrene

• Members
  • 16,394 posts
  • Locationlast exit

BUMP!!

Entire 7/27 concert with taper audio and multiple angles, good shit.

https://www.youtube....ibEgYQ#t=26m34s I remember hearing this at the show, but that's definitely teasing There There and a little bit of Let Down prior to the opening of Iron Lung right?

this was such a great show!! a lot of the subtlety is lost when you're 200 feet away from the stage with 5000 people in front of you, but man the band really did some interesting stuff here. watching this video really brings you up close to it. 

i wish the editing was better. they practically left Ed out completely. they didn't show jonny at all during reckoner and that's when he plays 3 instruments at once. wtf. but there is a gif-worthy shot of him doing a ker-chunk during creep that is perfect.

all in all great video. i even liked gutg.

i'm getting pretty excited for this tour now.

sleepy jack

sleepy jack

cracked polystyrene

• Members
  • 16,394 posts
  • Locationlast exit

Fuck me, is this the best Thom performance in months or what

Please please PLEASE let there be a pro shot of this gig

Upload it on YouTube and I will love you 4ever

girl where u at?? (it was the next night but c'mon it's awesome!)