Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tomorrow's Modern Boxes is INCREDIBLYredibly underrated

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Anon

Anon

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

This album is absolutely breathtaking and I can't believe it isn't topic for more conversation. It honestly rivals KID A. 

Mathieu

Mathieu

Amnesiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • LocationToronto
I enjoyed it greatly, but I don't know if I'd go as far as comparing it to Kid A

Anon

Anon

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

I enjoyed it greatly, but I don't know if I'd go as far as comparing it to Kid A

This claim was mainly to be provocative enough to incite dialogue. I don't think TMB rivals Kid A in terms of cultural importance, creativity, etc. But I think it's severely overlooked. The way each song melds together and the overall structure of the album reminds me of Kid A in a way though. 

Mathieu

Mathieu

Amnesiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • LocationToronto

This claim was mainly to be provocative enough to incite dialogue. I don't think TMB rivals Kid A in terms of cultural importance, creativity, etc. But I think it's severely overlooked. The way each song melds together and the overall structure of the album reminds me of Kid A in a way though.

Okay I can most definitely agree with that

Scrumch

Scrumch

The Sandman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationPDX, PNW

It def has some great moments. It feels a little stagnant as a whole to be considered great to me, though. 

I love Nose Grows Some the best. 

:icon_indi Tinker Twat Sphincter Bum Mouse Dog Bird  :jonny: 

Anon

Anon

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

It def has some great moments. It feels a little stagnant as a whole to be considered great to me, though. 

I love Nose Grows Some the best. 

Nose Grows Some is without a doubt my favorite track on the album, followed by The Mother Lode. I know what you mean about it begin stagnant, since that's a sentiment I've always felt until I relistened to it. The more minor and less climactic tracks have opened up to me though and I find they have a really subtle powerfulness to them, like interference and Guess Again!, even Pink Section. I do wish There is No Ice (for my Drink) was a bit less skeletal, but that's kind of the sound of the album. 

Scrumch

Scrumch

The Sandman

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationPDX, PNW

I will def give it a listen again. It's been awhile. When it came out, though, I listened to it a ton.

I'm really excited to see Thom play some of it live with Nigel next month!!

Razor Bikini

Razor Bikini

giving feminsm a bad name

• Members
  • 7,456 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Thom's best non-RH album tbh. Love it.

hawkeye-2.jpg

Anon

Anon

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

You mean just between The Eraser and TMB? or are you including AMOK?

Thom's best non-RH album tbh. Love it.

Razor Bikini

Razor Bikini

• Members
  • 7,456 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Yeah that's why I didn't say solo album, tho really none of his albums are solo albums anyway since Nigel is such an integral collaborator.

hawkeye-2.jpg

Anon

Anon

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Gotcha. Yeah really more of a duo. I mean, I have no doubt that Thom writes all his material (lyrically and musically) for his solo albums, but Nigel's contribution is so important. Has any one listened to Nigel's band "Ultraista"? 

Razor Bikini

Razor Bikini

• Members
  • 7,456 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Haven't listened to ultraista in ages but they're great, great album. And yeah Thom has said many times that he just can't get anything done without Nigel.

hawkeye-2.jpg

Scrumch

Scrumch

The Sandman

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationPDX, PNW

I would def place Eraser above any of Thom's other projects. But then again, I would place the Eraser above several RH albums too

babydoctor

babydoctor

oh christ it's this asshole again

• Members
  • 18,187 posts
It's nice. However solo Thom albums are great lessons in why Radiohead is such a special collection of individuals and this one was no different in that regard. In a universe where Radiohead didn't exist and Thom jumped straight to making this stuff maybe I would be less indifferent. Shrug.

gnogghi

gnogghi

mortempo tigi

• Members
  • 20,781 posts
  • Locationin the navy beans

Eraser was a great eye-opener for me, TMB is the second injection after the first high. I binged on Eraser, TMB is still newish to me.

man they fuckin murdered that potato salad

!!!!!! noggy wings !!!!!!

As to your request, I do not think the beavers are aware that they must first fill out a dam permit prior to the start of this type of dam activity.