Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Everything But the Girl is Radiohead's future

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

contravene

contravene

i hate lovers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts
are you the guy that likes faye wong and empress of? i cant remember if he typed in upper or lower case
ff5r40.png

laire

laire

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I code switch depending on context but I guess I usually use caps on here.

What do you think of Empress of's new songs from a few months ago btw?
FUCK NICK LAND

mugsy

mugsy

The Concept - TFC

• Members
  • 2,067 posts

They were really onto something with the Amnesiac b-sides, a fusion of their live/band dynamic and their more creative-experimental direction that worked quite well indeed..

that's just me though :)

1502107.gif

laire

laire

Coke Babies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

"The 'marginal' was only marginal in a conservative and reactionary definition, in how you simply measure it from a conservatively given 'centre.'... I began to think that the so-called marginal was a place that possibly only reinforced things, and didn't challenge things."
FUCK NICK LAND

ihggy-GP

ihggy-GP

Admin

• Members
  • 18,891 posts

Everything But The Girl is so much better than radiohead though... RH doesnt have it

ihggy-GP

ihggy-GP

Admin

• Members
  • 18,891 posts

remember when they ripped off 'I Dont Understand Anything' to make 'High and Dry' and how much worse 'High and Dry' is. also it seems, to me, that the best radiohead lyrics are a order of magnitude worse than the the worst EBTG lyrics

ihggy-GP

ihggy-GP

Admin

• Members
  • 18,891 posts

i dont love most of their 80s material as much as their 90s material (or marine girls or pre-EBTG solo tracey thorn) because to me a lot of the jazz and bossa-nova elements in their 80s stuff feels a bit forced tbh. i mean i still like it but i dont connect with it as much. their songwriting is a much more natural fit with 90s style singer-songwriter-based adult contemporary styles.