Welcome to Mortigi Tempo - Radiohead MSG Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OH GOD THE 2ND NIGHT EARLS COURT 2003 GIG IS PERFECT

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Strange Liberation

Strange Liberation

Stimpers Took Manhattan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts
caps lock is cruise control for cool.

download it. nao.

departure

departure

Kid A

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
you could post the song listing ?

for everyone: here is the setlist

1. There There
2. 2+2=5
3. Sit Down. Stand Up.
4. Where I End and You Begin
5. Lucky
6. Backdrifts
7. I Might Be Wrong
8. Myxomatosis
9. Creep
10. Paranoid Android
11. Go To Sleep
12. Sail To The Moon
13. No Surprises
14. The Gloaming
15. Just
16. Exit Music (for a film)
17. Idioteque
18. Like Spinning Plates
19. National Anthem
20. Punch Up At a Wedding
21. How To Disappear Completely
22. We Suck Young Blood
23. The Bends
24. Follow Me Around
25. Everything In Its Right Place

Bit Player

Bit Player

I

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
is there a better quality mp3 of it? the one at giglinkdump is sort of not that great.

also this bootleg has ruined the studio versions for me, forever.
Posted Image

Lalo

Lalo

you are all that i need

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
the set list sure looks good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

milkychai

milkychai

• Members
  • 10,318 posts
  • Locationtoronto, canada
WE HEARD.

actually what's the exact date of this one? i have a burned copy but i just have it labeled 'earls court' so i dont' know if its the first or second night

Blade

Blade

Vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
It does, unfortunately, ruin the album versions of most of the songs from HTTT.

Bit Player

Bit Player

I

• Members
  • 801 posts

actually what's the exact date of this one? i have a burned copy but i just have it labeled 'earls court' so i dont' know if its the first or second night

the 27th. the 2+2=5 on com lag is from the 26th though

also a good setlist
Posted Image

smwatson

smwatson

duke of llama.

• Members
  • 15,159 posts
  • LocationLondon
thom fucks up PA dude, not cool.

good boot though.
Posted Image

smrtgie41

smrtgie41

smrtgie41

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
I WAS THERE.
:paranoid_
all i need, really

nedney

nedney

The Tourist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
No karma or plastic? Fail, imo.

Apslac

Apslac

Dr. N. Stein, Frank

• Members
  • 934 posts

thom fucks up PA dude, not cool.

good boot though.

someone said this already, but....he cuts a string on the rain down section i believe...
Posted Image

Strange Liberation

Strange Liberation

Stimpers Took Manhattan

• Members
  • 3,404 posts
well im sure for any setlist some people would pop up and say "oh it doesnt have........or..........in", so thats not a valid criticism.

This gig is amazing and its made every song on the albums unlistenable...which is strangely a good thing.

HTDC is epic

subcond

subcond

Climbing Up The Walls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
just listening now, im up to backdrifts, 2+2=5 is ridiculusly good my fav so far

moremccor02

moremccor02

Id be crazy not to follow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
It's solid (and it has perhaps their best performance of Exit Music), but the April 18, 2004 show in Tokyo completely kicks its ass in every way.

The Tokyo '04 show is by far their greatest live recording. The sound is better than the Live Recordings album they released officially, and it contains at least two of the greatest live tracks they've ever done (Where I End And You Begin and The National Anthem, which are flawless in every way).

I would also rate the 10/02/00 Victoria Park Show ahead of this one, as well as the 07/07/01 South Park, Oxford show.
Posted Image

milkychai

milkychai

• Members
  • 10,318 posts
  • Locationtoronto, canada

It's solid (and it has perhaps their best performance of Exit Music), but the April 18, 2004 show in Tokyo completely kicks its ass in every way.

The Tokyo '04 show is by far their greatest live recording. The sound is better than the Live Recordings album they released officially, and it contains at least two of the greatest live tracks they've ever done (Where I End And You Begin and The National Anthem, which are flawless in every way).

I would also rate the 10/02/00 Victoria Park Show ahead of this one, as well as the 07/07/01 South Park, Oxford show.

yeah i absolutely love that tokyo show.
i think earls court though is more better for a great representation of their music from that era while tokyo is mostly great for the versions of their older songs. if someone were to ask me to recommend one with the best HTTT i'd def say earls court.

htdcjen

htdcjen

fireworks & hurricanes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

is there a better quality mp3 of it? the one at giglinkdump is sort of not that great.

also this bootleg has ruined the studio versions for me, forever.

here's a lossless version-
disc 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G0VWWW9T
disc 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K5FM6XT4

Strange Liberation

Strange Liberation

Stimpers Took Manhattan

• Members
  • 3,404 posts
awesome thankyou!

im not sure what quality mine is in, I just got it off the old ronaldvdberg site, but I'll download this to see!

thanks again.

Pyramid Song

Pyramid Song

So lighten up squirt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

i know what your saying about that tokyo show, its simply incredible and the boys were on top of their game that night. their performance of Backdrifts is the best live version of an HTTT song i have ever heard....to date.
:jonny2::colin::phil2::ed::thom:

FriedNaiveFog

FriedNaiveFog

Dilettante Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

i know what your saying about that tokyo show, its simply incredible and the boys were on top of their game that night. their performance of Backdrifts is the best live version of an HTTT song i have ever heard....to date.

just downloaded it the other day. fucking fantastic it hepls that it was a soundboard too.

amlabella

amlabella

The Tourist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

awesome thankyou!

im not sure what quality mine is in, I just got it off the old ronaldvdberg site, but I'll download this to see!

thanks again.

Is the quality from the shn files any better? I love this gig, but the only reason I prefer the 2004 Tokyo show is because that has better sound quality imo.